- Joined
- May 30, 2011
- Messages
- 387
Rep Bank
$955
$955
User Power: 66%
So I created a blog for this guy by taking a PDF design he provided and splicing it up.
I photoshopped a whole bunch of pictures, created customized sections... basically my mentor who's a professional web designer had a look at it and said it was worth at least 1000.
When I told him the client wasn't happy he was kind of baffled. So now, the client said he wanted to get back to me when he was ready and knew exactly what he wanted.
His issue is that he doesn't know what he wants even though I created the design he asked for, and actually made it look better than the design.
Now, I don't know how long he's going to take to get back to me if ever. It only make sense to get paid for what I've done so far.
So I invoice him. No response. I wait 2 days. Send him a reminder email. No response. I'm a bit worried he's simply ignoring me.
The site is on one of his own servers and I heard that I could get sued if I delete my delivered project while having it saved on my local drive until he pays up...
Any suggestions for this situation?
I know that in the future I'm going to ask for at least half up front from people I don't trust or know. It sucks we live in a world where people do these kinds of things.
I photoshopped a whole bunch of pictures, created customized sections... basically my mentor who's a professional web designer had a look at it and said it was worth at least 1000.
When I told him the client wasn't happy he was kind of baffled. So now, the client said he wanted to get back to me when he was ready and knew exactly what he wanted.
His issue is that he doesn't know what he wants even though I created the design he asked for, and actually made it look better than the design.
Now, I don't know how long he's going to take to get back to me if ever. It only make sense to get paid for what I've done so far.
So I invoice him. No response. I wait 2 days. Send him a reminder email. No response. I'm a bit worried he's simply ignoring me.
The site is on one of his own servers and I heard that I could get sued if I delete my delivered project while having it saved on my local drive until he pays up...
Any suggestions for this situation?
I know that in the future I'm going to ask for at least half up front from people I don't trust or know. It sucks we live in a world where people do these kinds of things.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
