- Joined
- Aug 20, 2012
- Messages
- 658
Rep Bank
$1,205
$1,205
User Power: 74%
What's up everyone?
I am posting this to hopefully get someone to point me in the right direction, as far as succeeding in reality goes.
I always used to read psycho cybernetics, then I stopped for some reason and my amazing mood/personality towards people slowly started to return to its natural state. And when I say amazing, I meant it was awesome for me because I was always looking at things the right way.
Lately I've kind of blown a gasket. I know what I should be grateful for, and I am, but there are some things I cannot shake.
Take my moms computer breaking for instance. She doesn't work, she won't. I don't know why but she is one of the "Side walk" people so to speak. My dad helps us out with money, but we still struggle (Rightfully so), it is because it is only me and my brother working.
My sister had hard jobs in the past, and although she just quit a job that Paid MORE than mine, and she had to work LESS hours, she still spun it into a unique scenario where she was the victim and I had the better end of the deal. The reality is, I simply didn't give up and she did. She uses her past jobs and hardships as an excuse to slack in the present.
I feel like I have a weight on my shoulders. Knowing that my brother helps pay the bills, and I am the only other one contributing to the income, when I see her computer break she goes off and its all of a sudden my fault. "You put a virus on it!" "Stop spending your money on your website". ... I feel like I need to go out and buy a new one.
My tires are dry rotted and almost bald. I need to fix them, but then if I mention to them that I need them for the sake of getting to work, its "You put all your money into the car!" I am picked up a second job (Seasonal) for october and it just seems like no matter how much money I make another problem arises and I can't keep up.
I guess in reality it's the little things that make me angry. I don't mind helping people, but when I genuinely don't know the answer to say.... how to fix this, or how to fix that, I get called lazy or unhelpful. I feel like saying "Why not take the initiative to find it out on your own?". I hate relying on people for that reason, because people aren't trustworthy.
I am beginning to lose my temper. We are in huge financial trouble, I am working at my job where I have picked up more days and trying to get the website up for any extra income, yet other people in my family are worried about relationship problems and live IN A F*ckING BUBBLE. EVERYTHING is an excuse. "I can't find a job!". "It's not that easy!".
I guess when I tell them "Well then isn't that just being lazy?", random shit is thrown at me in the past for things that I've done.
Money wouldn't fix everything, but it would sure as hell make the relationships in my family more manageable. I am ok with dealing with idiotic people who act as if they have not a care in the world and focus on the little things as the world is collapsing around them, but I cannot deal with them being a financial weight.
I am posting this to hopefully get someone to point me in the right direction, as far as succeeding in reality goes.
I always used to read psycho cybernetics, then I stopped for some reason and my amazing mood/personality towards people slowly started to return to its natural state. And when I say amazing, I meant it was awesome for me because I was always looking at things the right way.
Lately I've kind of blown a gasket. I know what I should be grateful for, and I am, but there are some things I cannot shake.
Take my moms computer breaking for instance. She doesn't work, she won't. I don't know why but she is one of the "Side walk" people so to speak. My dad helps us out with money, but we still struggle (Rightfully so), it is because it is only me and my brother working.
My sister had hard jobs in the past, and although she just quit a job that Paid MORE than mine, and she had to work LESS hours, she still spun it into a unique scenario where she was the victim and I had the better end of the deal. The reality is, I simply didn't give up and she did. She uses her past jobs and hardships as an excuse to slack in the present.
I feel like I have a weight on my shoulders. Knowing that my brother helps pay the bills, and I am the only other one contributing to the income, when I see her computer break she goes off and its all of a sudden my fault. "You put a virus on it!" "Stop spending your money on your website". ... I feel like I need to go out and buy a new one.
My tires are dry rotted and almost bald. I need to fix them, but then if I mention to them that I need them for the sake of getting to work, its "You put all your money into the car!" I am picked up a second job (Seasonal) for october and it just seems like no matter how much money I make another problem arises and I can't keep up.
I guess in reality it's the little things that make me angry. I don't mind helping people, but when I genuinely don't know the answer to say.... how to fix this, or how to fix that, I get called lazy or unhelpful. I feel like saying "Why not take the initiative to find it out on your own?". I hate relying on people for that reason, because people aren't trustworthy.
I am beginning to lose my temper. We are in huge financial trouble, I am working at my job where I have picked up more days and trying to get the website up for any extra income, yet other people in my family are worried about relationship problems and live IN A F*ckING BUBBLE. EVERYTHING is an excuse. "I can't find a job!". "It's not that easy!".
I guess when I tell them "Well then isn't that just being lazy?", random shit is thrown at me in the past for things that I've done.
Money wouldn't fix everything, but it would sure as hell make the relationships in my family more manageable. I am ok with dealing with idiotic people who act as if they have not a care in the world and focus on the little things as the world is collapsing around them, but I cannot deal with them being a financial weight.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
