The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I have brilliant idea but it will be worthless in 50 years

Idea threads

farahead

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
236%
Feb 25, 2023
Slovakia
Lets say you have a BRILLIANT solution for truck driver niche something perfect that fits all CENTS commandments, a smoking hot oppoturnity.
You should get started right away but heres the problem, with rapid ai improvement, truckdriver trend is going downhill and you can imagine no need for truck drivers in 50 years.

My question is would you still pursure building a solution for a niche that has down trend? Something that is dying out?

My idea has huge potential but with digitalization, i can imagine it being nearly worthless in 50 years.

Thoughts?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Matt Lee

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Aug 9, 2022
It's easy to overthink what-ifs and make-believe problems that don't actually exist. 50 years is a long time. That's a lifetime away for many people.

I say it's a better bet just to ask yourself if what you have in mind is a good investment of your time and send it.

Will you learn skills that are transferable to other business ventures(yes)? Can you capitalize on AI growth to make your product faster/cheaper(yes)? Will you make loads of money before your idea is rendered useless(yes)?

Ideas get molded and reshaped multiple times because the market isn't 100% what you expect it to be. Your ideal product vs the product that the market needs is quite different. You don't know this until you get real feedback.

So maybe your solution will be rendered useless in 50 years... but by then you'll learn what works and will be making a profit for many years, stacking cash, AND then maybe cash in with a big exit. Then you can take the cash, things you learn, and go start another venture and make a big exit in half or even a quarter of the time.

Remember whether you choose to execute an idea or not, there's always an opportunity cost at the end of the day. Every minute you spend thinking about the idea is another minute spent not working or completely oblivious to some other idea.

You're losing time not doing something with your ideas: so why not try it and perhaps make a profit?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Parks

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
140%
Jul 20, 2020
Portland
Supposedly anything can be solved with AI in 50 years. Lol, do it now and learn everything you can from it.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
I have a brilliant idea for a problem that existed 50 years ago. But today there s no more need for that solution as there are no more steam locomotives.
yes you re right, I can t make any money with that any more. But guess - I still live from the money I earned 46 years ago.
Fun of course, but maybe shows your thoughts are unrelevant. or are you kidding us?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.