- Joined
- Apr 19, 2019
- Messages
- 249
Rep Bank
$940
$940
User Power: 127%
What's up guys. A bit of background, I started a digital marketing business that had moderate success last year. Worked some projects, had some jobs, hustled here and there. Got a full time job last December and am currently working there. I'm making good money but the long, boring hours have made it even more clear to me that an office job is NOT for me.
However, something my girlfriend said sparked some interest in me. She told me about a friend of hers who's having trouble sleeping. Suddenly, I thought about all those college students, young parents and double part time workers that can't sleep due to anxiety, work, etc. I was once in their shoes. Now, how could I solve their need? The answer to me was melatonin, which is a supplement that has helped me sleep more soundly with little to no side effects.
So I thought, could I make a supplement brand geared towards a younger audience? An audience that doesn't necessarily know about natural alternatives to sleep? I was thinking of making it a "sleeping niche", where most of our supplements and products are geared towards helping people sleep. We would sell stuff like melatonin, valerian root, incense sticks, teas, etc. I already sent out a survey that has been answered by over 70 people between the ages of 18-25 and the vast majority of them have insomnia.
So I have a few questions:
1) To anyone who has dealt with manufacturers, what should I be weary of when it comes to dealing with them? I know a lot of manufacturers ask for a huge minimum of products, so for now I'm starting with a small private label manufacturer. Other than this, I don't know how any of them work (stuff like logistics, shipping and all that.)
2) Is there a process I should go through before I even consider selling these products? Like, should I send some samples first, make a marketing campaign towards an offer...? I was thinking of sending out a week's worth of samples to a few people and see how they respond to the melatonin.
3) Is it even worth it? Would a brand that focuses solely on "sleeping cozy" geared towards young adults be able to compete towards a supplement brand that offers a huge variety? Keep in mind, for context, I live in U.S. territory in a fairly small island. So I think brand awareness on a medium (and if my budget grows, on a larger) scale is very possible.
4) To anyone out there who has built a brand, what do you think is the most important thing I should invest in in the beginning? (Ads, building a team, logo...?)
5) Am I even asking the right questions?
Thank you guys. Currently, I'm calling private label manufacturers and seeing what their status quo is, comparing prices, etc. Love this community and all the help it gives out!
However, something my girlfriend said sparked some interest in me. She told me about a friend of hers who's having trouble sleeping. Suddenly, I thought about all those college students, young parents and double part time workers that can't sleep due to anxiety, work, etc. I was once in their shoes. Now, how could I solve their need? The answer to me was melatonin, which is a supplement that has helped me sleep more soundly with little to no side effects.
So I thought, could I make a supplement brand geared towards a younger audience? An audience that doesn't necessarily know about natural alternatives to sleep? I was thinking of making it a "sleeping niche", where most of our supplements and products are geared towards helping people sleep. We would sell stuff like melatonin, valerian root, incense sticks, teas, etc. I already sent out a survey that has been answered by over 70 people between the ages of 18-25 and the vast majority of them have insomnia.
So I have a few questions:
1) To anyone who has dealt with manufacturers, what should I be weary of when it comes to dealing with them? I know a lot of manufacturers ask for a huge minimum of products, so for now I'm starting with a small private label manufacturer. Other than this, I don't know how any of them work (stuff like logistics, shipping and all that.)
2) Is there a process I should go through before I even consider selling these products? Like, should I send some samples first, make a marketing campaign towards an offer...? I was thinking of sending out a week's worth of samples to a few people and see how they respond to the melatonin.
3) Is it even worth it? Would a brand that focuses solely on "sleeping cozy" geared towards young adults be able to compete towards a supplement brand that offers a huge variety? Keep in mind, for context, I live in U.S. territory in a fairly small island. So I think brand awareness on a medium (and if my budget grows, on a larger) scale is very possible.
4) To anyone out there who has built a brand, what do you think is the most important thing I should invest in in the beginning? (Ads, building a team, logo...?)
5) Am I even asking the right questions?
Thank you guys. Currently, I'm calling private label manufacturers and seeing what their status quo is, comparing prices, etc. Love this community and all the help it gives out!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
