The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I feel stuck in the slowline

Juanix

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Mar 2, 2020
Quintana Roo, México
Hello guys,

I have just registered in this forum, 'cause around a year ago I read the book the The Millionaire Fastline, I don't speak English at all so, I'm doing my best. My name is John, I have 25 years old and I am a software developer working in a small company.

Well, since I was a child, I felt like something was wrong, I used to ask me continuously why do I have to study a lot to get a job dreamed by a lot of people, and then, keep doing the same thing to do the same thing I have studied for years until I died. I read some books of some gurus to get out of that road and earn more money, like spend less, do what you want and you will never work again in your life, if you can get things free get it, and blah blah blah,until I found the book of The Millionaire Fastline of MJ.

Since I read the book (a year ago), I've been frustrated by a lot of things about society, the life that I am living, how I am living, the things that I see daily in the work, out of it, the people I know, all I see is the sidewalk and the slowlane in people and me. I have realized that with programming I can do a lot of things, the problem I see, I think I am not so good in it, maybe because I'm comparing me with others in the same area, I realized that is difficult to get out of those roads, they're the tests of the life.

I'm here to ask all of you an advice, I'm selling my time for money, and for me is so difficult to invest in an own project, I spend most of my money to live, and I feel like if I invest all of my money in the wrong project, I'm going to lose it, and then, to invest in a new project I'm going to sell my time again to try it again.
My thing is more mental, and like MJ says, an idea is just a fart in the brain, without action is nothing, maybe I want the things instantly, while the fact is I have to do the things, trust in time and in my actions, and see the results.

I don't know if the people around me is affecting me, or maybe I want some of the Fastline road but I'm not decided to pay the price. I have two ideas to make a business, one of them I have to code it but (yeah, here is the but and is anoying for me too), I have to improve my speaken english and keep learning about technologies to keep working, I don´t know how can I do all of that, keep my intrinsic value to get a job and also, try to get some of the fastline road, I have to pull what I want with actions, but I get stuck with my thoughts, the things that I have to do to keep my job and also, still thinking in time, due to there is no back to the past to do the things again.

Well, I want to know of all of you what you can see about my situation, maybe I am concentrated losing time thinking the same things again and again, or maybe I am to scared to make something, I want to know your point of view ´cause I feel surrounded by people in the slowline and in the sidewalk.

Let me know what do you think please, any tip is welcome, thank you so mucho for reading me.

Cheers.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Benedict

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Nov 16, 2019
Hey Juanix, welcome to the forum!

Joining is an ACTION. A small one, but you did it. Writing that post is ACTION. A small one, but you did it.

So, you know how it works now. Take Action!

I'm here to ask all of you an advice, I'm selling my time for money, and for me is so difficult to invest in an own project, I spend most of my money to live, and I feel like if I invest all of my money in the wrong project, I'm going to lose it, and then, to invest in a new project I'm going to sell my time again to try it again.
My thing is more mental, and like MJ says, an idea is just a fart in the brain, without action is nothing, maybe I want the things instantly, while the fact is I have to do the things, trust in time and in my actions, and see the results.

About money: In my experience, there is always a way to cut down private expenses for at least 20%.
Biggest expense is usually living: If you live in an apartment, maybe share it with other people and save up. Or get a smaller one.
Cut down shit that doesn't really bring more joy.
The more money you save up, the more ACTION you free up for your Fastlane-approach.

About the rest:
What would you need in order to take real action towards your ideas?
What keeps you from executing?
What would you gain, if you executed your idea?
What would you loose, if you did it?

Answer those questions and think about it.

My advice for now would be: Free up money and time by cutting off everything that doesn't really add to your well being.
Then take action (you already have written down a plan) and look where it gets you.

If you ask me: What is stopping you is uncertainty. If it will work out, if it is worth the hours, the money.

And also: Why do you even want all this stuff? What is your reason to do all of that? If you live a quite oke live - what is the point in taking action and taking risks?

Ernman

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Feb 8, 2019
Florida, USA
Welcome to the forum Juanix - congratulations on taking the first steps to a better future...reading TMF and joining this forum. A little administrative note, I recommend you find the thread, "Read Millionaire Fastlane ," and drop a comment. That will put the tag under your name telling us you've read the book. It helps us to know you understand the language and concepts of TMF .

As for being stuck...
That is a common feeling and real concern for many. As @Benedict noted, there are usually ways to save money we don't think about. The real shortage most of us face is time. So also look for time wasters in your life.

Reading the GOLD and NOTABLE threads in this forum is absolutely time well spent. You might even find they jog something that helps propel you forward.

Now take a deep breadth and say yourself, "I AM going to do this." Get reading, some where in this forum is the key that will set you on your path.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...