The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

i did it! about to add value to other people for the first time in my life.

Anything considered a "hustle" and not necessarily a CENTS-based Fastlane

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
So, i'm about to publish my first app this week, it's been quite the journey, right now with most of the heavy load taken care off by my past self, i'm just worrying about fixing bugs and improving the user experience as much as possible while having my friends test it for me.

It's an app for students from my native country that allows them to read the books required for multiple entrance exams for free(good old sell shovels during a gold rush), i only make available in the app itself the public domain ones of course, the copyrighted ones are linked via Amazon, and you can still use the app to mark them as read and have it as a type of read list, and that's about it, it has ads every time you open a book, you can pay 1 dollar to remove them (doesn't sound like much but in local currency that's reasonable).

I will admit that i should have already finished it at least a month ago, but procrastination got the best out of me, i'm still working in the discipline aspect but in the end things turned out well enough, i will release it as soon as Google verifies by bank account and most of the glaring issues are fixed, which should be by Tuesday.

But that's about it, i have no clue how much it will make, I already spoke with my teachers that work at multiple schools and some family members that run popular social media accounts for that free marketing, i'm counting on 1 + 1 = 3 to do the rest.

As for future plans, i'm looking into doing two more "remasters" of mobile games i made for some game jams back in the day as a 1 or maybe 2 week projects to add them to the play store as well, if the app works well enough also borrow an iPhone to make an IOS port, that's about it, thanks for reading!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

agility

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 7, 2022
New Zealand
That's awesome work.

Even if the sales are mediocre, you have created the motivation and muscle memory pathways in your mind and body, that you have what it takes to finish a project from idea to execution. (This is what I'm working on atm)

Last edited:

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
That's awesome work.

Even if the sales are mediocre, you have created the motivation and muscle memory pathways in your body that you have what it takes to finish a project from idea to execution. (This is what I'm working on atm)
Even if at times you feel like giving up, when you get to the phase of giving it into the hands of people to test that first usable version, it's worth every second of being frustrated and stuck. Keep at it and good luck!

agility

New Contributor
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Aug 7, 2022
New Zealand
Even if at times you feel like giving up, when you get to the phase of giving it into the hands of people to test that first usable version, it's worth every second of being frustrated and stuck. Keep at it and good luck!

Thank you. I'm also curious - what's your tech stack for the web app?

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Thank you. I'm also curious - what's your tech stack for the web app?
I used the Unity engine for this one, even if it's not ideal for apps and focused in games, it still did the job just fine, i have a lot of experience with it and it already has an ad solution that is easy enough to implement and fair, the time i wasted recreating the native UI would have been spent having to learn android studio or another alternative, plus it makes porting to other platforms such as IOS way easier.

Ing

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
102%
Jun 8, 2019
Bavaria
So, i'm about to publish my first app this week, it's been quite the journey, right now with most of the heavy load taken care off by my past self, i'm just worrying about fixing bugs and improving the user experience as much as possible while having my friends test it for me.

It's an app for students from my native country that allows them to read the books required for multiple entrance exams for free(good old sell shovels during a gold rush), i only make available in the app itself the public domain ones of course, the copyrighted ones are linked via Amazon, and you can still use the app to mark them as read and have it as a type of read list, and that's about it, it has ads every time you open a book, you can pay 1 dollar to remove them (doesn't sound like much but in local currency that's reasonable).

I will admit that i should have already finished it at least a month ago, but procrastination got the best out of me, i'm still working in the discipline aspect but in the end things turned out well enough, i will release it as soon as Google verifies by bank account and most of the glaring issues are fixed, which should be by Tuesday.

But that's about it, i have no clue how much it will make, I already spoke with my teachers that work at multiple schools and some family members that run popular social media accounts for that free marketing, i'm counting on 1 + 1 = 3 to do the rest.

As for future plans, i'm looking into doing two more "remasters" of mobile games i made for some game jams back in the day as a 1 or maybe 2 week projects to add them to the play store as well, if the app works well enough also borrow an iPhone to make an IOS port, that's about it, thanks for reading!
Thats great! I often wanted to make an app, but fear and procrastination held me back.
What you ve done, you can do twice or more often! You have a big future!

RomeoMe

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Jul 11, 2022
Thats great! I often wanted to make an app, but fear and procrastination held me back.
What you ve done, you can do twice or more often! You have a big future!
Thanks for the optimism!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.