The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I Can't Take it Anymore. I'm Recording a Webinar.

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

drmattolesiak

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
315%
Aug 18, 2019
New Jersey
Hey INSIDERS,

I've decided 'enough is enough' for like the 10th time this week after seeing other competing agencies allegedly smoke my results in client acquisition. Regardless if they really are or not, I just can't sleep at night knowing I could be doing something bigger/better.

I wrote out a script, built a pitch deck, and recorded my first round of a sales webinar aiming at doctors as of 10 minutes ago. Basically, I'm a doctor marketing to other doctors to overhaul their marketing efforts...but that's not the point of this thread.

My goal is to get this bad boy slammed with paid traffic + SEO by the end of this month. (Traffic -> evergreen webinar -> scheduled call to close -> on-board)

My question to you is, HOW do you stop yourself from sounding so "salesy" or like you're reading from a script?

My voice has 2 speeds: monotone or I'm talking/lecturing at you.

What's the scoop on that? I'm not above and beyond having a beer or two to lube up the voice box.

Appreciate the insights.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
Address your instructional talk to a silly puppet just off screen. The amount of fun you're having with it should translate through.

Seems analogous enough to the smile while you talk on the phone lifehack, right?

Kruiser

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
318%
Aug 22, 2017
Arizona
I have no webinar experience.

In general, the recommendation for public speaking is just to practice a ton and record yourself to see how you are coming across. The more you practice, the less rehearsed you sound.

Bertram

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Oct 25, 2015
Virginia
Hey INSIDERS,

I've decided 'enough is enough' for like the 10th time this week after seeing other competing agencies allegedly smoke my results in client acquisition. Regardless if they really are or not, I just can't sleep at night knowing I could be doing something bigger/better.

I wrote out a script, built a pitch deck, and recorded my first round of a sales webinar aiming at doctors as of 10 minutes ago. Basically, I'm a doctor marketing to other doctors to overhaul their marketing efforts...but that's not the point of this thread.

My goal is to get this bad boy slammed with paid traffic + SEO by the end of this month. (Traffic -> evergreen webinar -> scheduled call to close -> on-board)

My question to you is, HOW do you stop yourself from sounding so "salesy" or like you're reading from a script?

What's the scoop on that? I'm not above and beyond having a beer or two to lube up the voice box.

Appreciate the insights.
Check out what Andy Black @Andy Black is up to on this subject. He'll fix you right up.

NursingTn

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
212%
Jan 30, 2019
How do you start being a great doctor from a bad doctor? Bedside manner. You're not rushing patients out. You're not talking over them. You're listening to them more than you're speaking to them.

You'rerying to tell them, "you're wrong, I'm right, listen to me, do this and you'll be fine." No, you're telling them, "yes, it's very hard right now. I'm so sorry to hear your sickness is affecting your relationships this way... I am going to work hard to help you the best way I can..." You're being there for patients like a friend.

Treat your viewers like friends.

"Hey docs, it's hard. You worked so hard to become a doctor, and you just want to make enough money to pay back your debt, start living your life, caring for your loved ones... I'm going to help you make your dreams a reality. That's my mission. I know your pain because I used to be there... This is how I did it... (Insert story of triumph). Check out some of the free stuff I have. If you think you need more, I got some really good stuff for members, students of my course, people using my company's service. To make it better for you, I'll give you your money back if you aren't satisfied in 30 days. That's how much I believe in my products and services: They will help you."

Beats me, doc. You got this.

payingkarma

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
234%
Sep 16, 2019
Keep someone real on the other side and try to pitch them and record while doing so.

That's going to be a dud...

Don't have a script, but more of a guideline pointers that you want to touch on. Make sure it flows.

Try the second time....record... it's going to be someone ok, better than the 1st.

Keep making several pitches..and after the 10th you will lightyears better than the 1st version.

reedracer

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
172%
Jun 2, 2019
Kansas City
Check out Toastmasters! The virtual groups are especially helpful for webinar speaking. Looks like they hve added several new ones. I thought about joining Competitive Communicators at one time, but opted to stay with my local group.

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Check out what Andy Black @Andy Black is up to on this subject. He'll fix you right up.
Thanks for the tag @Bertram.

@drmattolesiak ... check out the first video in this thread.

Also the very first video here:

I’m struggling with scripts at the moment. I do better with a few bullet points and then winging it. I’d like to try a teleprompter one day, but don’t *need* one.

Editing is your friend! Fluff your lines or ramble too much? Pause, compose yourself, do it again, edit it out later.

Get comfortable talking to the camera, maybe using the Snapchat app to create stories. No-one needs to know your Snapchat handle.

StrikingViper69

Shredding scales and making sales
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
169%
Dec 3, 2018
UK
Practice it. Do it several times a day for a week or two. You'll figure out where it is dry and how to improve it.

At a certain point though, you'll only improve by doing it "for real".

Andy Black

Help people. Get paid. Help more people.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
369%
May 20, 2014
Ireland
Practice it. Do it several times a day for a week or two. You'll figure out where it is dry and how to improve it.

At a certain point though, you'll only improve by doing it "for real".
Ah yes. Do a video and publish it to YouTube every day for a month or few.

Tourmaline

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Jun 4, 2019
Texas
Hey INSIDERS,

Appreciate the insights.

You have to have the right tonality and pacing. Plus you need to know the script so well you don't have to think about it, even when you're reading from the script.

I highly recommend you go through Jordan Belfort's Straight Line Persuasion. He has a lot of focus of creating and reading from a script, but also how to not sound like a doofus reading from a script. Exactly what you need. You can also go through his book The Way of the Wolf, but the course will give you more by actually hearing and seeing him.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.