The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I can't do this anymore

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
I have already introduced myself, but this is my second coming. My name is Hans Chaney. I have a wife and son. On Friday 12/10/21, we lost everything but our house and lives. I am using the last battery power of my phone as I type this. We live in Dawson Springs, KY. We'll we used to before a tornado came at 10:45pm and erased the town.
While we and our home survived, we lost our jobs, our security, water, heat and electricity.
I can't do this anymore. I haven't figured out what I am going to do just yet, but I am going to find a way.
I was a maintenance tech at a daycare and my wife was the Director. I have attached a picture of what used to be our work place.
I know I can't do anything hourly trading my time for cash because we were one paycheck from broke and now we are. Flat gone. We will have nothing after this. We are sunk. Something has to change and fast.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
I have already introduced myself, but this is my second coming. My name is Hans Chaney. I have a wife and son. On Friday 12/10/21, we lost everything but our house and lives. I am using the last battery power of my phone as I type this. We live in Dawson Springs, KY. We'll we used to before a tornado came at 10:45pm and erased the town.
While we and our home survived, we lost our jobs, our security, water, heat and electricity.
I can't do this anymore. I haven't figured out what I am going to do just yet, but I am going to find a way.
I was a maintenance tech at a daycare and my wife was the Director. I have attached a picture of what used to be our work place.
I know I can't do anything hourly trading my time for cash because we were one paycheck from broke and now we are. Flat gone. We will have nothing after this. We are sunk. Something has to change and fast.
Sorry but quitting isn't an option for you. Help is on the way and when you acceptes the role as a family man your choice for quitting went away. Have some paitence and you and your family will recover.

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
Sorry but quitting isn't an option for you. Help is on the way and when you acceptes the role as a family man your choice for quitting went away. Have some paitence and you and your family will recover.
It's not giving up. I can't do paycheck to paycheck anymore.

CLE

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
112%
Feb 7, 2016
It's not giving up. I can't do paycheck to paycheck anymore.
This is a challenging time in your life. Take care of your family first. Maybe your current situation will end up opening new doors for you. There will lots and lots going on all around you for a long time and I don't see why you couldn't be a part of that.

DonJulio

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
278%
Dec 18, 2020
It’s going to take some time to success man. Get rich quick does not exist unless you know how to run a successful crypto scam. Get an in demand skill like programming and you will never be in that situation again.

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
It’s going to take some time to success man. Get rich quick does not exist unless you know how to run a successful crypto scam. Get an in demand skill like programming and you will never be in that situation again.
Have you read "The Great Rat Race Escape "? It doesn't quite sound like it.

Kung Fu Steve

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
283%
Jul 8, 2008
Road Warrior
What an amazing start to an incredible success story.

Go get it. We're rooting for you!

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Getting rich overnight only exists once you have built a successful business as an asset that you have sold to a buyer, but it's the process that could take years to build to get to that point. It's the event from the long hard work of enduring the process.

He's probably referring to the second-hand specialized order of learning programming as a specialized skill to sell to clients as a freelancer.

My heart goes out to you, I hope you and your family are safe. An extended family of mine was hit during the Moore, Oklahoma Tornado back in 2013. They lost everything as well.

If there's anything I can do, let me know. I would love to help.

Last edited:

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Glad to hear you and the family is OK. As for not being able to do this anymore, YOU CAN.

I have attached a picture of what used to be our work place.

I don't think it was attached.

I know I can't do anything hourly trading my time for cash because we were one paycheck from broke and now we are. Flat gone. We will have nothing after this.

You have each other. Your spirit. Your motivation and drive for a better situation for your family. Those things have no price tag. Perhaps use the terrible situation as the moment your life changed for the better. Start making bold decisions. When you're at the bottom, there is no way to go but up.

Itizn

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
190%
Sep 25, 2019
Colombia
Can you really call yourself an entrepreneur without experiencing these moments in life where everything around you disgusts and infuriates you?

"It is only after we have lost everything, that we are free to do anything"

rodvaN

Coder & Marketer
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Oct 16, 2020
Im sorry to read this. But there is many ways to earn money online.
I can mentor if you want on Web3, programming or other skills you can sell online on freelancer marketplaces or any other place. Ive seen people selling canva.com fast designs on fiverr.com for $15, also people growing lists, groups and warming them up to sell other peoples products/services and earning affiliate commissions.

Hope everything will go up as you need, I got also 2 kids, wife, home, insurance, etc. It is hard but there is no way of giving up.

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
Glad to hear you and the family is OK. As for not being able to do this anymore, YOU CAN.

I don't think it was attached.

You have each other. Your spirit. Your motivation and drive for a better situation for your family. Those things have no price tag. Perhaps use the terrible situation as the moment your life changed for the better. Start making bold decisions. When you're at the bottom, there is no way to go but up.
I have posted it now. Sorry about that.

Chaneyof90

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
Aug 19, 2021
Update: We are still without utilities, I am charging my phone in the truck. While I have the free time, I started writing about my experience in the storm. I am going to publish it into a book.
I have the skills to build mobile games. I did it for fun not too long ago and have a game published on Google Play. I will be making more games and putting them out once utilities are back on.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...