• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Trading Life for a Weekend?
    Build a Business, Build a Life.
    Unleash the Dream.

Become an UNSCRIPTED™Entrepreneur.

UNSCRIPTED™ Entrepreneurship is an entrepreneurial business strategy that unleashes dreams, frees time, and explodes your incomes—but more importantly, it changes your life forever. Make no mistake; this isn’t something you “try”— this is something you live.

FREE Download (Unscripted) FREE Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

GOLD I Built A Worldwide Business From Broke.

Discussion in 'Forum Introductions (Who are you!?)' started by Carol Jones, Oct 5, 2017.

FORUM SEARCH

Need answers about entrepreneurship? Search FIRST! More than likely your entrepreneurial topic has already been discussed.
Powered by Google Site Search.
  1. Carol Jones

Carol Jones Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Good morning @JustKris from Oz,

Thank you! It's a pleasure to meet you. And I hope we stay in touch. ~Carol❤

ZF Lee likes this.
  2. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $558
    Beautiful story! Welcome to the forum. I've noticed that this forum attracts many great people like you.

Also thanks for making me realise that many succesful people like you listen to Tony Robbins. I should get more into his teachings because I haven't until now. There is a reason he is the most popular self development coach.

Wishing you great success and fun in the future.
    Your mindset on how to do business is very insightful and humane. Love it!

Last edited: Oct 11, 2017
    Carol Jones likes this.
  3. Carol Jones

Carol Jones Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    G'day @LLPC from Oz,

Love your comment. Thank you so much. Your good wishes are graciously accepted.

There are short bursts of Tony Robbins everywhere online.

One of my favourites is this. And I'm paraphrasing.

Someone was delivered a serious blow. Catastrophic to his business. And Tony's response was:

"What's great about this situation you're not seeing right now?"

This is the link to this short video.

Tony Robbins Has One Question That Can Turn Your Worst Day Around

That one question can turn your worst day around.

I find most of his short messages on Twitter.

There's always a light at the end of the tunnel. So long as you're prepared to keep digging.

It's a pleasure to meet you, LLPC. I hope we stay connected. ~Carol❤

ZF Lee and LPPC like this.
  4. LPPC

LPPC Bronze Contributor Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $558
    Watched the Tony Robbins vid. Love it! I certainly need to control my state into an empowering one more often. Until now I have focused too much on the spiritual ''accept whatever is'', but that doesn't always allow further progress.

I will certainly keep on digging :)

It's a pleasure to meet you too Carol !

Carol Jones likes this.
  5. Bearcorp

Bearcorp Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $353
    Hi from Adelaide Carol!

What an inspiring story, thanks for sharing and thanks for joining the forum!

Carol Jones likes this.
  6. azsno

azsno Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $335
    I absolutely love the fact that despite the hardships encountered, you allowed your mind to work through the obstacles and become successful rather than falling into the safety trap! Thanks for sharing, and being an inspiration/example to us of those that are facing the hard uphill grind!

Carol Jones likes this.
  7. DeppyJ

DeppyJ Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane

Rep Bank:
    $291
    Hey Carol thanks for the connection, what a pleasant surprise you got back to me!

Haha, yes. But that was a long time ago lol.

Nah, I live in Patras, have you heard of it? By your tone I presume you've been to Greece and those beautiful islands you're saying? :)

Well thanks for asking. I am a 28 year old civil engineer graduate, chose this major in college because of parent and school pressure as a result of my good grades at school but untamed and restless as a spirit, I couldn't follow the path everyone in my country followed or expected for me. My mother had joined Amway at some point where I first heard of the "passive income" concept, and I was fascinated by this. During my college years I found a guy who was teaching how to make money through Amazon's Kindle pulblishing and said it was newbie friendly, so me, someone with zero experience in Internet marketing or anything whatsover,bought his course and started with it.

As a deeply spiritual and very sensitive human being though (I am Libra as well, I don't know if the stars or sth have anything to do with anything, I'm just saying lol) I wasn't heart and soul into it because I didn't know my place as a human being in this world. I couldn't find the meaning in pursuing money and financial freedom, since "we are going to die afterall, what's the point in trying"? I am not very materialistic either as a person either, thanks to my lucky upbringing as my parents are absolute slowlaners but amazing souls. Anyway I was deeply confused, had many psychic questions, and I wasn't happy. Something was missing. I was going back and forth with Kindle publishing, had some amazing results for a period of time, made some good money, which I didn't know how to handle though, my "sidewalk lane" insticts (instant gratification) lit up and then I was back to point zero again.

I don't want to drag this because it's a many-years journey but, I was reading a lot and thankfully I bumped into two books that literally changed my life. First book I read was MJ's Millionaire Fastlane, that put the bits and pieces I had in my mind in a correct order and changed my whole way of thinking in money terms, and the other one was " The power of now" by Echart Tolle. Those two books are my perpetual gift to everyone's birthday-nameday-celebration, I literally have gifted at least 6 copies of those to my friends (hope the Millionaire Fastlane was translated in Greek though, I want to gift this book to EVERYONE I know, especially those I care about mostly but they don't know English or they're too bored to read in English!).

They say the hardest battle you'll ever going to give is with yourself and you are your own worst enemy. That's like the most important thing a person must know and believe. Because there are no obstacles to fight than those we put to ourselves. I know I am my only obstacle and I fight me everyday. Not my spirit, but my brain. My not so easily distracted brain anymore, a skill I strengthened after a loooong and highly discomforting period of time. In a world full of distractions, it requires constant practice and fight and patience. I know it will never stop, every moment I need to fight my urges of instant gratification but I will never give up. Every moment I know become stronger and even when I fall back to old patterns, I stand up again and re-practise, until it is second nature to me. Life is an experience, and all it matters is to "smell all the roses". So wherever I "smell" discomfort, there I go :D
    And that is the answer to your question on why I chose "Supergirl" as my avatar :)

P.S. I am still in Kindle publishing but this time I am following long term strategies and I am building a system, a brand. It is not easy, but nothing worthy is easy right? My goal is to create enough income from Kindle publishing to fund my entrepreneurship, which is the only "problem" right now, as I haven't found what that will be. I believe that will come to me as I expose myself to the unknown. I know I NEED to add value , but I don't know how. Yet! Do you maybe have any advice on this part here..? maybe?

My answer was long sorry! Anyway I was inspired by your story and I wanted to thank you that you shared your experience with us, I am happy to connect with all those likeminded people I can't easily (or at all!) find at my country!

xx,Deppy

MJ DeMarco, Carol Jones and azsno like this.
  8. letter9

letter9 Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $422
    Great advice for all ages!

Carol Jones likes this.
  9. scott.legendre

scott.legendre Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $518
    There is something so pleasant about your personality Carol. It reflects in both your posts as well as the videos on your website.

I personally only buy clothes that I don't have to iron, but definitely know where to go when an ironing board cover is needed! Based on your personality alone, it tells me that you have a quality product. Thank you so very much for the opportunity to read your story and get to know you.

10. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Good morning scott @scott.legendre from Oz,

I love this! And I'm also very touched that you went to the trouble to watch the videos. Thank you!

I hope we stay connected. And perhaps you will share your story with me?! ~Carol❤

ZF Lee likes this.
  11. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Thank you @letter9. Very much appreciated. I'm pleased that it resonated with you. That's very rewarding! ~Carol❤

12. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Good morning Deppy @DeppyJ from Oz,

That's a very insightful post, Deppy. You know yourself better than most people do. Congratulations!

Several things.

Many people at 65 still don't know what their purpose is in life.

And for those of us who do, the goal posts change quite a bit as you travel down your Yellow Brick Road.

But you're spot on about one thing. The more you engage, the more you'll understand what your purpose is. Especially as you're prepared to leave your comfort zone and experiment. Don't rush this. It will come. And when it does, it will be like a lightning bolt. You won't miss it.

Like you, I have never been motivated by money. Other than as a teenager. Wanting more than the allowance my father gave me. So at 13 years of age, I got my Saturday job.

But working just for money has never been a priority for me.

Helping other people has always been the focus of my life. And striving to be the best ever. At whatever I do. Has enabled me to be successful. It's more a back door approach to success.

There's no one path to fulfilling your dream. We're all unique. With our own brain pattern. And individual way of thinking. Your path will be like no one else's path. But I've no doubt that you will find your path. And nail it!

I've never been to Greece. A good friend spent a year living and working on the islands. She never stops talking about it. I'm always enthralled by her stories.

I am very optimistic about you, Deppy. You must promise to stay in touch. Keep me in the loop. And if I can ever help you, please let me know. ~Carol❤

13. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Good morning again @azsno,

Thank you so much. That's a lovely observation. Much appreciated.

No matter where you are on the path to fulfilling your dream. You never quite get there. There's always something else ahead that you want to achieve. So we are all in an uphill grind. Just at different levels.

The obstacles keep coming. But we do get better at overcoming them.

Practice does make perfect!

I love staying in touch. ~Carol❤

DeppyJ, azsno and ZF Lee like this.
  14. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Adelaide! @Bearcorp. How amazing!

Thank you for your lovely words.

Don't get away from me. Please stay in touch. We can engage in pure Aussie humour! ~Carol❤

15. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    How wonderful @LPPC! Thank you for that feedback.

We all have negative chatter that crushes our brains every day. It takes discipline to drive it away. But it can be done. Tony Robbins gives some of the best down to earth, easy to understand reasons, why this happens to everyone.

Another person to watch is Mel Robbins. Especially her talk with Tony Bilyeu. 'Why Motivation Is Garbage'. She also talks about the negative chatter in our brains that can destroy us. This is the link.
    View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCHPSo79rB4

It's a pleasure to be able to help you, LPPC. And it's very rewarding to let me know! I look forward to staying in touch. ~Carol❤

Last edited: Oct 12, 2017
  16. DeppyJ

Rep Bank:
    $291
    Dear Carol.

Thank you for your advice, but mostly thank you for the time you're devoting to reply to each and every one of us who responded to your story. I agree with all the people here and through my eyes, you inspire me.

I will "use" your story, message, advice and kindness to continue experiencing life to the fullest.

P.S.1 Greece is a beautiful country as well as Australia I might guess. You should definitely make time to visit. Heck, send me a message if you ever decide to come, I can be your guide! Not to Patras, though. Lucky me, I have family to several islands.

P.S.2 We need to thank MJ again for this Forum and for bringing all those souls together.

Carol, hope we'll be in touch! Take care and thank you again :) :*

x, Deppy

Magneto C and Carol Jones like this.
  17. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Thank you for your kind words, Deppy @DeppyJ. You. Inspire me!

An invitation with a personal guide to Greece won't be knocked back. If ever we come, you'll be the first to know.

And.

If you ever want to experience a bit of solitude and relaxation in a rural Australia environment. You'll be welcome at our guest house on our rural property, Meadow House Getaway.

My partner, Victor, an architect, designed it for his mother to live in when his father died. She lived in her house for 14 years. And it's been a beautiful guest house ever since. Guests wax lyrical about their stay at Meadow House. It always gets 5 star reviews.

Australia is a diverse and beautiful country. And should be on everyone's bucket list.

I hope you drop in to say G'day often. I'll be keeping up with you and your posts. ~Carol❤

ZF Lee and Magneto C like this.
  18. cmor16

cmor16 Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $4,566
    You are amazing.

19. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    G'day @cmor16 from Oz,

Thank you!

You get out of life. What you put into it. Sometimes not in equal proportions.

But if you don't give back - if you can - when the opportunity arises, your soul remains barren.

When I look back on my life, I've had help on every journey. Setbacks too. But I remember the people who helped me.

It starts with my 4th grade teacher, Violet Deitsch. Who gave me confidence. After my 2nd and 3rd grade teachers tried to demolish it. Because I wouldn't be steamrolled by authority. That character trait does not bode well for any child in the school system.

And for every person who tried to undermine me in my pursuit to get from A to B. And everyone has them in their life. In spades. I have a memorable person who lifted me up with a helping hand.

I can never repay those people directly.

But I can pay them the honour of payback by offering others a helping hand.

That's how life works.

Never. Ever. Have I killed the dreams of another person.

I've mentored several people. For free.

Some had ambitions which they probably couldn't reach. But I didn't dissuade them from their dream. I just simplified it for them. Drilled down to the core of what they wanted. And helped them change trajectory. While still keeping their dream alive.

Life is negative enough without me adding to it. There's a plethora of negativity in the lives of most people.

But few people know someone who wants to offer them a helping hand. To let them know that what they want to achieve just might have a chance.

That's who I am. I'm an optimist. And a realist. I know how easy it is to want to do something. But also know how difficult it can be to take the first step.

I want to encourage people to take that first step.

I hope we stay in touch. ~Carol❤

20. DeppyJ

Rep Bank:
    $291

Perfect.

As for Australia, I can't say no either. The Meadow House Getaway looks amazing, it's just right up my alley!
    I have a long bucket list and Australia wasn't in it - now it is.

You too! We'll be in touch. :)

xx, Deppy

Carol Jones likes this.
  21. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Just for you Deppy @DeppyJ.

❤❤❤

~Carol❤

DeppyJ likes this.
  22. Magneto C

Magneto C Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED FASTLANE INSIDER

Rep Bank:
    $312
    Greetings from Metropolitan Sydney.

This video is 50-minute long, a significant investment. Because of Carol, I watched it and I'm very happy that I did. Guys if you haven't heard of 5 Second Rule before, watch it. It's going to be worth your time. A simple technique that will help you in many areas of life, not just your business.

Carol Jones and DeppyJ like this.
  23. DeppyJ

Rep Bank:
    $291
    I agree. The 5-second rule has been proved to be very helpful in my life as well!

Magneto C likes this.
  24. Carol Jones

Rep Bank:
    $6,886
    Good morning Chen @Magneto C from rural Australia,

Thank you for sharing this.

It really does work. I've had mothers tell me they use this technique to calm themselves down if they feel inclined to shout at their children. It does break the brain pattern in the head long enough to reflect. And ask. Do I really want to stay in bed? Argue with my family? Do nothing? Rather than do something positive?

I'm so pleased you found value in it.

It's just after 6am. The sun rises at 6:18am in my rural patch. Every morning at sunrise I go for a walk on my property. With my camera in tow. And post a photo every morning of what I see. On my social media accounts. I'm dressed. Wearing my gumboots. And ready to be surprised by what I see.

My morning ritual is to write my Morning Pages at 4am. And then go out for my morning walk. Some mornings I don't feel like getting up at 4am. But then I do the countdown. 5. 4. 3. 2. 1. And I'm up! It works for me. And I'd never forgive myself if I missed my morning walk.

Best wishes, Chen, for a fabulous Wednesday. At least you and I are on the same geographic time! ~Carol❤

25. JokerCrazyBeatz

JokerCrazyBeatz Silver Contributor Read Millionaire Fastlane I've Read UNSCRIPTED Speedway Pass

Rep Bank:
    $2,949
    Wow this is fantastic , I'm inspired ! Welcome to the forum . I'm excited to see more posts from you .

DeppyJ and Carol Jones like this.