The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am trying to sell these keychain breathalyzers

Would you possibly buy one at $12 including shipping

• yes I would buy one they can help me monitor my drinking at parties etc

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • No not intertesed in monitorning my drinking

Votes: 29 40.3%
  • yes but thats too much

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • I dont know

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • I would buy one as a gift for a friend

Votes: 11 15.3%

• Total voters

Legitimate

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 10, 2015
Not sure what else you expect me to say seen a I've already given my opinion and reason on it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just read official MADD view on this - they have a similar view to yourself and at the same time do not dismiss their usefulness (not saying you are, either).

In my view, someone who buys this will either know that they drink/plan to and/or be a parent of a child who they know drinks/plans to. This is kind of like saying, don't wear your seatbelt if you are going to drive - just don't drive.

Well, if we are going to drive (which is dangerous in itself and most of us have no choice), just like those who plan to drink, using a safety device can most only benefit.

For the record i do not drink or smoke :p

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
I just read official MADD view on this - they have a similar view to yourself and at the same time do not dismiss their usefulness.

In my view, someone who buys this will either know that they drink/plan to and/or be a parent of a child who they know drinks/plans to. This is kind of like saying, don't wear your seatbelt if you are going to drive - just don't drive.

Well, if you are going to drive anyway (which is very dangerous in itself and most of us have no choice), just like those who plan to drink, using a safety device can most only benefit.

For the record i do not drink or smoke :p

Way I see it, if your going to do something that make you intoxicated, leave your keys at home. No ifs or buts about it.

Seen it all before, what good comes out of drink driving, what's so important that you have time to drink but use your car? Governments don't make it better by having a legal limit. The limit should be a sip of alcohol not 1 pint or 1 glass of wine.

Again My opinion

D

Deleted28123

Way I see it, if your going to do something that make you intoxicated, leave your keys at home. No ifs or buts about it.

Seen it all before, what good comes out of drink driving, what's so important that you have time to drink but use your car? Governments don't make it better by having a legal limit. The limit should be a sip of alcohol not 1 pint or 1 glass of wine.

Again My opinion

These devices are not meant for preventing drinking and driving, they are meant to monitor safe drinking levels. Anyone can abuse a system or product, there will always be that 1% however I believe 99% of people will use these effectively

camcam

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
29%
Dec 19, 2013
UK
These devices are not meant for preventing drinking and driving, they are meant to monitor safe drinking levels. Anyone can abuse a system or product, there will always be that 1% however I believe 99% of people will use these effectively

Safe drinking levels while driving? Please.

D

Deleted28123

Safe drinking levels while driving? Please.

the devices arent meant to be used for drinking and driving, the are meant monitory drinking levels at a party or when socially drinking

ryanbleau

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
224%
Jun 22, 2014
Scottsdale , Az
I have an interesting view on products like this. It is and always be a niche market. While living in a party town the bars had a wall mounted breathalyzer . You payed the bar a quarter for a straw and you could use the machine. it was used/abused plenty. made the bar alot of money. If you are looking to make money you could exploit the "bro" mentality in college town or "party" towns. If you want to go that route I can connect you with a Spring break booking company that would easily buy these for their Swag bags. What they do with it beyond thought is their own personal culpability. But the booking company's also have connections to the bars and might want to have them branded or sponsored by a bar in town. Instead of making 1-5 sales per order you could be getting orders in the 1000's

kph200

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
122%
Feb 2, 2015
Pune, India
@Jeff Krasnow I would definitely buy one of this product. Alcohol is a very very interesting creation in this world and the product you are trying to sell measures its level of consumption.
I see this as a fun product which can be used in parties etc.
And also can be used to check limits and keep people safe.
Once you have your first 100 sell put the earned profit in making your website better as suggested by some users in the thread.Seriously website needs alot of work.
Good luck man !!!!

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Having had personal interactions and negotiations with MADD at the national and state levels, I can tell you that their only position is a 0.0 blood alcohol level on driving. They're never going to support any type of devices, systems, or services to reduce drunk driving because their position on a national basis is there is only one acceptable driving tolerance and that is abstinence and clean blood for anyone who gets behind the wheel.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
my website is now up,

To echo the others, the website is poor. No headline to speak of, no copy... while the picture might "speak for itself" it certainly won't win any conversions awards. The product is great for a great headline... something like, "Sometimes HUGE mistakes have SMALL solutions" heck I can think of a dozen more.

Legitimate

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Apr 10, 2015
After reading this I made a landing page with a photo of this product and a discount code box.

I paid a guy $5 to make a 1min review video to demonstrate a 25% off promo code.

Used a nice little niche Fiverr gig I'd found before for about 200 unique hits.

Overall, sold about 5 breathalyzers. 4 for $15, 1 for $20 (full price).

I broke even essentially, and did not put much effort into it.

The site is deleted now as I did not continue hosting.

BlakeIC

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
100%
Jan 9, 2014
Not Washington
5 pages, don't have the time right yet

If someone beats me to it,

There was a product just like this on shark tank correct? all sharks wanted in, i assume there would at least be a US patent and I am also assuming without checking ops location he is in the US

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
I am trying to sell these keychain breathalyzers to kids around my college to prevent overdrinking
I am purchasing them at 5-7 per piece, and I am seeing them with the college insignia on them at $10-12 per peice. what I am wondering if they would sell. Could you see yourself buying a keychain breathalyzer for $10-12 and is this at all scalable? I am going to try and sell these locally at first 4-6 profit per piece. I do not expect to become a millionaire I just want to profit off something. what you guys think?
yKhnypME.jpg

Jeff,

I don't think that college kids really care all that much. Everybody thinks that they "know their limit". You have to realize who your real target audience is. For instance:

1) Parents of newly minted college freshman: How can you reach these people? If you could market it to parents who have recently had their child go off to college, you would potentially sell the snot out of these. Christmas stocking stuffer, anyone? This has overprotective mother gift written ALL over it!

2) Colleges: Don't ALL colleges have SOME group on campus for safety and health? You know, like the same group that hands out thousands of condoms to students? If you could pitch this to an official college group, ESPECIALLY with the college insignia on it, I think you would find success in that as well.

That's all I got. Ironically I feel like if you sold these to actual college kids, they would turn it into a game of "how high can I get my reading to be?!?!". Not that I have ever done such a thing......:innocent: :halo:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.