The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am reading the TMF everyday and I downloaded unscripted so I can read it too.

The business of web design

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Hello Fastlaners, I am a 26 year old graduate teacher and writer in Uganda, a country in East Africa. Recently, I decided I want to change the trend of my family from brokeness to wealth. I began to read from the known books when I learned about leveraging and I want to use it in my Fastlane life. TMF talks about computer systems. Incidentally, I began to learn Web design and basic to fundamental python in the lockdown of 2020 and I had some ideas of using the knowledge to make money (now I know I need to meet a need, solve a problem for millions). I am encouraged to learn it is a valuable system (computer systems). I want to become a millionaire in the next year, or get close to it. The question gnawing my mind is "What should I do?" My current answer is "I set up a platform in which I share everything about wealth and success that I learn and practice in journey." I hope this is not dumb money idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
A

Anon05554

Welcome, Odongo.You are in time for the party since this forum will tickle you into finding answers to your questions. Just read the gold and notable threads, and you will be surprised at the wealth of knowledge you will gain.

I am also from Uganda, and I am not the same person that joined this forum in February.

You may not become a millionaire next year, but adopting the mindset of an entrepreneur is the first step in the right direction.

I look forward to learning about your progress.Btw, what do you write?

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Hope you learn how to monetize your skills. I am also trying my hand at poetry as a hobby.
Let us know your progress. I am rooting for you.
I began writing in 2015. I taught myself to write because, ironically, the university degree of English and Literature I attended did not teach creative writing. I read books on writing from big universities and publishers and some editors and practiced what they taught. Recently, Fountain Publishers asked me revise my first manuscript. That's my current project. However, I have always desired to participate in computer systems such as Web design and development. I began to learn html, CSS and some python in 2020. I had a hiatus for a year or so but resumed this year. I still have this idea of computer systems and it requires that I learn programming. I have been interacting with a friend about it. To be forthright, the idea is a social media app and a video game. My challenge is to learn coding on the most rusty mathematics a person can have. A leeway for me would be website design but I begin to think and fear it violates the Commandment of Entry.

A

Anon05554

I began writing in 2015. I taught myself to write because, ironically, the university degree of English and Literature I attended did not teach creative writing. I read books on writing from big universities and publishers and some editors and practiced what they taught. Recently, Fountain Publishers asked me revise my first manuscript. That's my current project. However, I have always desired to participate in computer systems such as Web design and development. I began to learn html, CSS and some python in 2020. I had a hiatus for a year or so but resumed this year. I still have this idea of computer systems and it requires that I learn programming. I have been interacting with a friend about it. To be forthright, the idea is a social media app and a video game. My challenge is to learn coding on the most rusty mathematics a person can have. A leeway for me would be website design but I begin to think and fear it violates the Commandment of Entry.
Keep at it bro.Will pm you one of these days.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Keep at it bro.Will pm you one of these days.
I will keep at it. Began reading The ONE Thing. I should first focus on my manuscript. Almost done with it.

FastNAwesome

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
May 23, 2011
Welcome to the forum and best of luck on your path to fastlane!

If you're ever stuck with anything HTML/CSS or other web design/development questions, be welcome to ping me.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
One of the major problems your country has, indeed almost all of Africa has, is access to education.

You don't need anything slick, just functional.

You could probably get something going using your University and a few of the faculties, eg The one you must have been part of and Computer Science.

Maths and English are the two subjects to focus on. Your curriculum will be based on UK like most of Afrcia and Asia so have a look at what schools use here.

Is that not a better fit for a graduate teacher?

Dan

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
If you're ever stuck with anything HTML/CSS or other web design/development questions, be welcome to ping me.
Thank you for the invite. Looking forward to the time I will get back to this dream.

Isaac Odongo

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
240%
Nov 7, 2022
Uganda
Maths and English are the two subjects to focus on. Your curriculum will be based on UK like most of Afrcia and Asia so have a look at what schools use here.
Yeah, it is. Math and English are core. They determine grades most powerfully.

Means problems therein may be the same or similar in my country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...