The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I am confused for the next step.

Anything related to matters of the mind

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Hey, so I just read TMF and half of Unscripted, but I figured out that probably I should start executing something else. I am 18 and going for a business degree, so should I first dive into learning the basics of business like finance and accounting or find a niche for a specific business and just dump the basics and consider starting a business right away?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

xShepherdx

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
353%
Apr 11, 2022
Idaho
Hey, so I just read TMF and half of Unscripted, but I figured out that probably I should start executing something else. I am 18 and going for a business degree, so should I first dive into learning the basics of business like finance and accounting or find a niche for a specific business and just dump the basics and consider starting a business right away?
Only you can really answer this.

That said, I wish I had started my first business when I was in business school, not after I graduated. You'll have to master the basics at some point, so you may as well start something while you're in school and get hands-on experience while earning your degree. :)

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Only you can really answer this.

That said, I wish I had started my first business when I was in business school, not after I graduated. You'll have to master the basics at some point, so you may as well start something while you're in school and get hands-on experience while earning your degree. :)
Thank you for your advice. I appreciate that and will definitely consider doing this.

parabolic

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Aug 7, 2021
Gilbert, AZ
Stay in school and learn the basics, unless you're going into debt for it. Nobody should be going into debt for education. Start a business now and apply the lessons that you learn in school to your business.

You will learn from the business and be ahead of your classmates who have probably never started their own business. You'll be able to get advice on your business from your professors.

The degree isn't the important part of school. What matters are the connections you make and how you spend your time there.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yashdutt

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Jul 14, 2022
India
Stay in school and learn the basics, unless you're going into debt for it. Nobody should be going into debt for education. Start a business now and apply the lessons that you learn in school to your business.

You will learn from the business and be ahead of your classmates who have probably never started their own business. You'll be able to get advice on your business from your professors.

The degree isn't the important part of school. What matters are the connections you make and how you spend your time there.
Wow that was powerful, thank you sir

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.