The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

I’m getting a job!

Topics related to Slowlane, Scripted mainstream dogma

KJFast

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
72%
Dec 8, 2023
Hey guys, my personal financial situation is dire and realised that as long as I still have free time (which I will) and I won’t hate the job (which I likely won’t) then getting a job is really worth it. Has so much more plus sides to it at the moment

1) Obviously money, my financial situation has been dire as said and now I can start putting money away for business investments.

2) Getting out. I live in a tiny place, so getting outside and having a reason to leave the house is nice.

My main motivations are to save £1k as quickly as possible (it won’t take me long) which I can use to invest in business/acquisition entrepreneurship. I want to afford books to improve my knowledge in entrepreneurship and to start my driving lessons. A massive motivation is to start helping my dad out money wise, he is trapped in a slowlane (self-employed) and genuinely can’t do anything about his situation but is doing all he can. He is very very supportive of me learning fastlane and succeeding, I want to give back as he hasn’t asked for rent so I atleast want to buy the food so he can save more for his biz investments.

Been so against the thought of a job for a long time and decided it’s not so bad as long as I don’t let it trap me into a scripted slowlane lifestyle.

The job I’m going for is at a local cafe/bubble tea place working for a local businesswoman. She owns another place serving asian food and I can switch between the two places if wanted.

Very relaxed, not working for a big company and good work. Won’t be super late shifts or something super boring. Plus food on shifts is likely available and I get to see how the business is ran, she also enjoys efficiency and I can see she’d be reasonable taking suggestions from me on anything I notice.

My trial shift is Sunday, I’m hyped to atleast be taking action even if it’s in the way I thought I was “super against.”

Anyone looking to start improving their situation: starting at a foundational job isn’t bad, as long as it stays as a foundational job and you keep taking action on bizniz.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

NervesOfSteel

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
123%
Aug 26, 2023
survive as and when needed.

Survive today to fight another day! Don't find shame in a job.

A good general not only sees the way to victory but also knows when victory is impossible.

- Polybius

ZackerySprague

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Jun 26, 2021
Fort Worth, Texas
Having a job is not bad at all to have, just know that change is inevitable. Plant your feet if you can and build in the evening. Watch out for any changes in job markets i.e. Technology Sector and the 3 years of endless layoffs. Stay as long as you can and be grateful that you are employed, even when it's hard.

You seem to have a good reason to do entrepreneurship by helping your dad. Thata great!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.