The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

Human Need Not Apply

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
I just saw this article over at adafruit.

A two-legged delivery robot has gone on sale—and Ford is the first customer #Shipping #Delivery #MakeRobotFriend

A two-legged delivery robot has gone on sale—and Ford is the first customer

This was feasible enough for Ford to try and buy it to see how it works in the real world. If you watched the video, it might seem like it’ll be way better to hire a person to handle simple tasks like moving boxes.

However technology is improving so quickly that minimum wage jobs that we never thought will go away like package handling will eventually disappear and be replaced by smart machines.

This reminded me of the CGP Grey video - “humans need not apply”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

This video was posted in 2014, and we've already started to see what he talks about in this video becoming mainstream. Now we have this knowledge, what can we do to position ourselves?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

broswoodwork

Intermediate User of the Flying Guillotine
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
313%
Oct 16, 2015
I just saw this article over at adafruit.

A two-legged delivery robot has gone on sale—and Ford is the first customer #Shipping #Delivery #MakeRobotFriend

A two-legged delivery robot has gone on sale—and Ford is the first customer

This was feasible enough for Ford to try and buy it to see how it works in the real world. If you watched the video, it might seem like it’ll be way better to hire a person to handle simple tasks like moving boxes.

However technology is improving so quickly that minimum wage jobs that we never thought will go away like package handling will eventually disappear and be replaced by smart machines.

This reminded me of the CGP Grey video - “humans need not apply”

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU

This video was posted in 2014, and we've already started to see what he talks about in this video becoming mainstream. Now we have this knowledge, what can we do to position ourselves?
You gotta move A LOT of God damned boxes around to make $15+/hr, full beni's, the new family leave nonsense for men and women, and union headaches worth the hassle.

Saavedra

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
92%
Aug 4, 2013
they took our jeeeeerbs

seriously, every doomer since the 19th century has said the same, that machines will make humanity obsolete. 8000 millions and still going strong, and the middle class has never been bigger worldwide. world unemployment is what 10%? give me a break

there is always more to do, and machines just happen to make it possible to do more of what is possible. which is infinite.

to position you just have to provide robot service, like every mechanic has done since cars were invented. or ride the wave of the new industries that will be created when people have way more spare time, like the now existing diet industry, travel, wine tasting, life endangering travel, or whatever someone comes up with out of sheer boredom.

Kid

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
98%
Mar 1, 2016
I stopped worrying about it after reading article about "robots tax". Basically if employer will "hire" robot instead of human he will have to pay tax that will go to unemployed welfare.
Simple and pretty solution.

My prediction is that human population will decline gradually until it will reach level of number of needed jobs.

Thanks for video.

jpanarra

Platinum Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
293%
Jan 9, 2014
Indianapolis, Indiana
This is even more prevalent post-covid... so figured this would be a cool bump

Lyinx

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
128%
Oct 28, 2019
Lancaster County, PA
There was a time when people were afraid that they would lose their jobs because of this machine...

Guess what? It created many jobs, glass became a commodity instead of a luxury, and child labor was greatly lessened.

Now, what could robots eliminate?
1. Menial jobs (nobody likes working boring jobs)
2. Safety is increased (nobody in the field working)
3. Who feels like cleaning house if the robot cleans for you?

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.