- Joined
- Dec 4, 2013
- Messages
- 529
Rep Bank
$1,480
$1,480
User Power: 126%
My last venture isnt going as well as I had hoped. I still have all the blueprints, and I can visit it at a later time if it becomes appealing, but at this time It seems like a money pit, so im moving in a new direction.
Now the market im trying to break into is the beef jerky market. Tons of competition, but I have something a little different im planning (slim jim did meat sticks, perky did caffeinated jerky etc)
I dont have a usda certified facility so im going to have to have the jerky private labelled. I don't have a ton of money to drop on inventory either so its either bootstrapping or kickstarter. I would prefer kickstarter.
So heres the question. If you were trying to get preorders for beef jerky on kickstarter how would you target your market? I envision facebook advertisement being a big one. The only other avenues i can think of are friends, and family. What would you do?
Now the market im trying to break into is the beef jerky market. Tons of competition, but I have something a little different im planning (slim jim did meat sticks, perky did caffeinated jerky etc)
I dont have a usda certified facility so im going to have to have the jerky private labelled. I don't have a ton of money to drop on inventory either so its either bootstrapping or kickstarter. I would prefer kickstarter.
So heres the question. If you were trying to get preorders for beef jerky on kickstarter how would you target your market? I envision facebook advertisement being a big one. The only other avenues i can think of are friends, and family. What would you do?
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
