The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How would a 22 year old with no money and connections enter the world of real estate?

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
@SteveO ; @JScott ; @Envision ; @G_Alexander ; @Aaron T

Ok, so lemme ask you guys a question.

How would someone like me provide value for people such as yourselves, people who are already successful in the field I'm trying to enter?

What would make me stand out? What would I have to do to captivate your attention and make you say , "Hey, this guy has something, I wanna work with him, I wanna help him in his journey"

Well that is a tough question. For me I am well served by my network already. The only additional value would a hihgly trusted part of my network with new kinds of real estate opportunities that I might not be looking into.

I am into some pretty creative type endeavors but I am only dealing with those in a very small network of trusted people.

Now as for helping you with your journey, that is a different type of question. Honestly I find myself interested in helping people that actually are doing things. In other words, once someone starts taking the steps, moving forward, doing things, maybe struggling hard, maybe not, but actually taking the steps, it makes me want to help.

The biggest barrier to becoming successful is just getting started. I am sure that is a quote from someone somewhere, but if not it is a truth. Most people dream of many things, but never do a thing about it. So once I see a person doing a thing, I naturally become interested. Then I think the conversation how to help becomes a lot cleared because there will be pain points, struggles, areas of friction that make the help obvious.

Right now, the biggest way to help you with your journey, is to tell you to start on it. I think that is what you are doing, but that is my advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Aaron T

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
345%
Aug 27, 2017
Thanks for the advice. It's always the simple things that are most true and valuable lol.

How do I get over the fear and paralysis and just start?

I know almost all fear is irrational, but that's the thing, due to my lack of experience and me not having any current success, I have that fear that pulls me back or prevents me from being my best.

How do I master the mental game of all this

Well, I am thinking let's consider what you are doing here the first step. So you did that. You got great advice. Now take another step. Follow through on something suggested above. So many good suggestions.

if you want something bad enough, so bad it hurts, then you will take that next step. I am not going to spell out the exact things you need to do here. It makes no sense yet. But if you want it, just contact the Real Estate agents and start. This part is fortunately all you, and once you make this next move you will get excited and the rest will start to come easier.

The next piece of advice is when you get rejection, and hear no, don't let it discourage you. You will get negative reactions. But you don't need to be negative about them.

Bottomsouth

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
46%
Jan 1, 2017
Miami
Most broker's who have become developers don't understand the development process outside of buying and selling. Many times they'll just do an eloquent tap dance while they suck the funds.

21elnegocio

WholeFlips Wholesaling Houses Virtually
Summit Attendee
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
56%
Feb 28, 2012
Downtown Phoenix, AZ
If my ultimate goal is to enter the world of real estate investing or development, and find a niche I can excel in, where do I even start?

How and where do I meet successful people that I can approach for advice/mentorship?

What/where are the best resources for me to learn from?

I just need guidance

Realtor, Wholesaler, Flips, Rentals (Multiunits) :)

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.