The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to trade the Nasdaq with substantial profits (Profitable trades of the week included)

Anything related to investing, including crypto

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
First of all I want to emphasize that I use a four hour chart in combination with Heikin Ashi candles. The advantage of this special kind of candles is that you see a smoothed chart with jumps and other movements filtered out. As a result, trends are easier to identify because the usual disturbances or background noise are missing compared to the regular Japanese candlesticks. A very decisive factor is the shadow of the Heiken Ashi candles. Strong bullish candles have a shadow above, while strong bearish candles have a shadow below.

In the following chart, you can see that all the profitable entries in this week began with strong candles. Either strong green bullish candles or strong red bearish candles.

The shadow of the candle can be one of the signs of a possible trend reversal but when deciding where to set the entry, you have to consider several factors before going long or short. The first profitable trade right at the beginning of the week was based on three factors. First of all, you could see the bearish candles stopping at the 61.8 Fibonacci level, so this level consequently acted as support. Secondly, you could witness the bulls taking over control with candles with little to no lower shadows. Thirdly, the stochastic oscillator fell below 20 on the stochastic scale indicating that the market is oversold and that traders may start buying.

So, you could take this trade putting your stop loss right below the signal candle in order to control your risk and then wait until the candles reached the 38.2 Fibonacci level which turned out to be acting as resistance level, which was confirmed by the several small candles in a row, with shadows on either side, which was a clear signal of indecision of the market and start of consolidation after a profitable bullish run. This is usually a good moment for the exit of your trade.

After you had made this profitable trade, you could wait for the consolidation to show signs of a new trend. This was the case when a long green candle with no lower shadows initiated the next strong uptrend. You could set your entry right there putting your stop loss right below the signal candle. Then, the best moment to take the profit was when the candles were getting smaller and when you could see shadows appearing below the candles.

The third excellent opportunity for a good trade in this week was a short trade. The stochastic oscillator was leaving the overbought zone and the %K line was below the %D line, which indicated bearish sentiment. Moreover, a bearish candle with no shadow above indicated strong selling pressure. You could set your entry right putting your stopping your stop loss right above the signal candle and this way you could successfully complete your third lucrative trade of the week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Games247

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
86%
Jul 31, 2019
First of all I want to emphasize that I use a four hour chart in combination with Heikin Ashi candles. The advantage of this special kind of candles is that you see a smoothed chart with jumps and other movements filtered out. As a result, trends are easier to identify because the usual disturbances or background noise are missing compared to the regular Japanese candlesticks. A very decisive factor is the shadow of the Heiken Ashi candles. Strong bullish candles have a shadow above, while strong bearish candles have a shadow below.

In the following chart, you can see that all the profitable entries in this week began with strong candles. Either strong green bullish candles or strong red bearish candles.

The shadow of the candle can be one of the signs of a possible trend reversal but when deciding where to set the entry, you have to consider several factors before going long or short. The first profitable trade right at the beginning of the week was based on three factors. First of all, you could see the bearish candles stopping at the 61.8 Fibonacci level, so this level consequently acted as support. Secondly, you could witness the bulls taking over control with candles with little to no lower shadows. Thirdly, the stochastic oscillator fell below 20 on the stochastic scale indicating that the market is oversold and that traders may start buying.

So, you could take this trade putting your stop loss right below the signal candle in order to control your risk and then wait until the candles reached the 38.2 Fibonacci level which turned out to be acting as resistance level, which was confirmed by the several small candles in a row, with shadows on either side, which was a clear signal of indecision of the market and start of consolidation after a profitable bullish run. This is usually a good moment for the exit of your trade.

After you had made this profitable trade, you could wait for the consolidation to show signs of a new trend. This was the case when a long green candle with no lower shadows initiated the next strong uptrend. You could set your entry right there putting your stop loss right below the signal candle. Then, the best moment to take the profit was when the candles were getting smaller and when you could see shadows appearing below the candles.

The third excellent opportunity for a good trade in this week was a short trade. The stochastic oscillator was leaving the overbought zone and the %K line was below the %D line, which indicated bearish sentiment. Moreover, a bearish candle with no shadow above indicated strong selling pressure. You could set your entry right putting your stopping your stop loss right above the signal candle and this way you could successfully complete your third lucrative trade of the week.

Trading was my fastlane plan until I realized it would be easier to do game dev to make millions and use trading to maintain and grow my wealth once I get there. I would only ever trade fully quantitatively.

SchenkFinancial

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 17, 2019
Germany
Trading was my fastlane plan until I realized it would be easier to do game dev to make millions and use trading to maintain and grow my wealth once I get there. I would only ever trade fully quantitatively.

You can make extremely good money trading. What you need to do is you need to potentially decide on a strategy that looks after all elements of money management like the risk/reward ratio. You have to manage losses, that keeps you in the game. You have to believe that you have a system that will make more than it gives back. It will win and it will lose all the time. No one will ever have 100 %. Accept that losses are part of the game and manage that.

Become as systemic as possible in determining what your setup is. The more it can be reduced to logic, the better. Then you need to stick to the system as systemically as possible as well, which most people are incapable of with their emotions, particularly after e.g. three losses, they will get scared, and after e.g. three wins, they will piling on twice the size and that will be the one losing trade giving back all the profits.

In order to trade profitably, it is important to observe charts, use patterns and enter your trades based on logic instead of emotions.

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.