The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Structure to Own Half of a Company?

gatsby

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Feb 16, 2012
I am moderately experienced in business- I have about 10 years of experience in internet marketing and own an S-corporation.

Recently, my acupuncturist has proposed a business partnership to me. He wants to sell his health products on the internet (which works well) and eventually open up various offices throughout the country. I see the potential in the business and actually considering his offer.

So far, we seem like a good match. And he needs me more than I need him to accomplish his goal:

My strength/weakness: versed in internet marketing, fluent in English, connections / no product
His strength/weakness: has a product / computer illiterate, can't speak English, no connections

My question is this:

I'd like to be very clear about our business terms before we start anything.

I'd like to ask for a 50-50 partnership so I own half of the entire business. What would be the best way to structure to do so? By asking him to give me half of his stocks of his s-corp? or should we create a new corporation and be partners? or should we formulate a contract so we do profit-sharing of his company's profits? (but would I be entitled to the company when we sell it?) Are there any other options?

He currently runs a practice and has an idea how he wants to execute his business, and started some branding/website construction himself.
I don't think he's doing well with the business though, and have an impression he is bad with bookkeeping.

Any suggestions from an experienced businessman would be greatly appreciated!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.