The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start membership site?

getitdone

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2011
I have found a niche where I could create a directory site that would connect customers with providers. The problem is that I am stuck on how to get started.

I have posted on a couple of forums in the niche and people tell me they wouldn't pay to be listed until the site is developed/sending them leads. But, I can't sne them leads until I get them signed up. My business model would be to charge each listing a fee for each lead sent.

Should I create the site, get people to join for free and then start charging them for listings later?

This is a bit of the chicken and the egg problem...

I hope someone has advice on membership or directory sites in the launch phase. Also, does anyone know of good wordpress plugins for directory sites?

Thanks

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gymjunkie

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Jun 17, 2009
I saw a web directory plug in or theme for Word Press blog. Just google it or install WP, then go to plug ins and search for directory plug in. You might find something free too.

Also, tell them you will start charging only after you give them leads. Send them one or two, show that you can and then they will sign up..

getitdone

PARKED
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 2, 2011
Thanks for the feedback. I thought I had a great idea. Maybe I am just over thinking it? I need to pick an idea and stick with it!

valuegiver

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
19%
Aug 18, 2010
Copy ServiceMagic website.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Boo Blizzi

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
188%
Mar 3, 2009
if you go with wp then u should really check out Dap (Digital Access Pass) ...its the most robust membership script out there...too many features to list, its a one time payment and u dont have to pay extra money for the plugins and niceties some of the other scripts wanna charge u for. Plus they have a free trial period!

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.