The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start a perfume subscription box based service

Shamira M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 9, 2019
Hey everyone. Not sure whether this is the right forum.

I did some research and realized that there’s no perfume based subscription service in my country.Now while I wouldn’t say that subscription based services are popular where I’m from, it’s still a huge market gap with an amazing opportunity for growth and insane profit margins(not that this is the prime focus). For a first service of its kind in a country -with the right marketing- it could grow and grow fast. I’ve spent the better part of the week combing through articles and videos but none was specific to this particular service. I noticed that the process for makeup, where people have 3rd parties do the heavy lifting for them is more publicized. Does anyone have any idea how one would go about this?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GigMistress

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
294%
Nov 19, 2019
A cornfield in the Midwest
This may or may not be relevant in your country, but one reason for this gap may be the difficulty in shipping perfume. In the U.S., perfume cannot be shipped by air, and some perfume as a "flashpoint" as low as one hundred degrees Fahrenheit, which triggers special packaging requirements. So, it may be more complicated and more expensive to manage than other types of subscription services.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
You can start by focusing on 1 right and qualified lead. Start from there.
Do A Test/Experiment: like - try to give a Freebies and in exchange get leads like Name, Email & Phone #
Once you get it done, do some analysis like what happened and what could be improve more in efficient way. It doesn't have to be perfect. You can do it imperfect way.
Make sure you understand compliance and regularity in your country so that you don't get into trouble.

Shamira M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 9, 2019
The perfume business is actually pretty big here. It’s subscription based services that aren’t as popular so I guess that’s why no one has gone into it yet. About shipping in stuff, you’re right. They can complicate the process if they want to.
This may or may not be relevant in your country, but one reason for this gap may be the difficulty in shipping perfume. In the U.S., perfume cannot be shipped by air, and some perfume as a "flashpoint" as low as one hundred degrees Fahrenheit, which triggers special packaging requirements. So, it may be more complicated and more expensive to manage than other types of subscription services.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Shamira M

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Feb 9, 2019
Thank you. Marketing isn’t really an issue. It’s the back end that’s tricky. Like product sourcing for one. Is there a single place that does the heavy lifting (sourcing the products, repackaging etc) and leaves you to handle the rest like branding and distribution. Something similar to what they do for makeup or clothes.
You can start by focusing on 1 right and qualified lead. Start from there.
Do A Test/Experiment: like - try to give a Freebies and in exchange get leads like Name, Email & Phone #
Once you get it done, do some analysis like what happened and what could be improve more in efficient way. It doesn't have to be perfect. You can do it imperfect way.
Make sure you understand compliance and regularity in your country so that you don't get into trouble.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.