The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to start a business that actually adds value and isn't just chasing money

GoodluckChuck

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
419%
Feb 2, 2017
my house
Disclaimer: I don't know this guy personally nor have I ever purchased anything from him. I find his free content to be better than most paid and this video is no exception.

The process of starting a business can be a daunting task. Starting with the right mindset is important. Sam breaks it down nicely and warns of some of the pitfalls that can occur.

I've personally done things the wrong way many times and have learned the hard way that the ideas in this video are true. Whether you're a seasoned vet or brand new to the business world I think you'll enjoy this information and delivery.

View: https://youtu.be/TtmGAO8Ur5E

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Sam is legit. He is one of the smartest guys out there producing content IMO.

"In business, solving a problem and delivering value to your customer is the main thing".

SEBASTlAN

Marketing Wizard
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Dec 22, 2014
Los Angeles
Disclaimer: I don't know this guy personally nor have I ever purchased anything from him. I find his free content to be better than most paid and this video is no exception.

The process of starting a business can be a daunting task. Starting with the right mindset is important. Sam breaks it down nicely and warns of some of the pitfalls that can occur.

I've personally done things the wrong way many times and have learned the hard way that the ideas in this video are true. Whether you're a seasoned vet or brand new to the business world I think you'll enjoy this information and delivery.

TL;DW?

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain

I'm a simple man. I see Sam Ovens on the Thumbnail, I click.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
One thing doesn't look legit to me:

On his website he says "FREE TRIAL", you click the button, give your info, and then BAM what's yo credit card info?

At no point do you even know how much you'll get charged after the "free" trial ends. Sounds like scam marketing of the worst kind, aimed at people with short attention spans.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
One thing doesn't look legit to me:

On his website he says "FREE TRIAL", you click the button, give your info, and then BAM what's yo credit card info?

At no point do you even know how much you'll get charged after the "free" trial ends. Sounds like scam marketing of the worst kind, aimed at people with short attention spans.
Nah it is fully legit. Do some homework on Sam before trying to call him a scam. Furthest thing from it actually, he is incredibly smart and his teachings are some of the best out there.
If you’re skeptical watch some of his free FB trainings on YouTube. Those free videos along are easily worth $1000+.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
Nah it is fully legit. Do some homework on Sam before trying to call him a scam. Furthest thing from it actually, he is incredibly smart and his teachings are some of the best out there.
If you’re skeptical watch some of his free FB trainings on YouTube. Those free videos along are easily worth $1000+.
Ok. If it is fully legit then you should be able to show me where on his website sales page, or during the checkout process I'm told how much his course actually costs BEFORE I give my credit card details.

Are you saying I have to accept and agree that he charges my credit card after my free trial is over without knowing how much it will get charged by? That's not even legal. He plans to get me to accept that he takes an unspecified amount of money from me at a later date unless I cancel without even knowing what that amount is. THAT'S INSANE! How anyone can say that is legit is beyond me.

I fully believe that a person of his stature can afford not to resort to dishonesty to make money.

Educate yourselves: What do you think about Sam Ovens? - Quora

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe

Guy drops out of college, quits his job, and starts a consulting business teaching other people how to be billionaires. Nice.

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Ok. If it is fully legit then you should be able to show me where on his website sales page, or during the checkout process I'm told how much his course actually costs BEFORE I give my credit card details.

Are you saying I have to accept and agree that he charges my credit card after my free trial is over without knowing how much it will get charged by? That's not even legal. He plans to get me to accept that he takes an unspecified amount of money from me at a later date unless I cancel without even knowing what that amount is. THAT'S INSANE! How anyone can say that is legit is beyond me.

I fully believe that a person of his stature can afford not to resort to dishonesty to make money.

Educate yourselves: What do you think about Sam Ovens? - Quora

You sound like someone who is just looking to start an argument cause his style of marketing offends you. If you're so offended don't buy it, don't think about him or his program and move on. Its that simple.

Black_Dragon43

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Apr 28, 2017
‍☠️ Eastern Europe
You sound like someone who is just looking to start an argument cause his style of marketing offends you. If you're so offended don't buy it, don't think about him or his program and move on. Its that simple.
Bro, it's not his "style" of marketing that offends me. His "style" of marketing is OUTRIGHT illegal. You cannot have someone make a commitment by requesting his credit card for a "trial" without letting him know in advance what the ramifications are, and what he would be automatically charged unless he cancels. That is bro-marketing as MJ or anyone else will tell you and it's most certainly in the grey area if not crossing the line.

And don't worry, I was never planning to buy it, was just curious how his funnel looks like.

Just ask @BizyDad what he would do to me if I applied such a marketing tactic...

TTG SS

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
178%
Sep 3, 2014
Scottsdale, AZ
Bro, it's not his "style" of marketing that offends me. His "style" of marketing is OUTRIGHT illegal. You cannot have someone make a commitment by requesting his credit card for a "trial" without letting him know in advance what the ramifications are, and what he would be automatically charged unless he cancels. That is bro-marketing as MJ or anyone else will tell you and it's most certainly in the grey area if not crossing the line.

And don't worry, I was never planning to buy it, was just curious how his funnel looks like.

Just ask @BizyDad what he would do to me if I applied such a marketing tactic...

Ok, man that is fine. Like I said it would be best to forget about it in that case and not waste any precious focus on it. It doesn't impact your life at all.

AceVentures

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
403%
Apr 16, 2019
I'm watching his video for the first time and I really dig the guy. As I do with everything, I'll absorb what helps me and discard what I don't care about. No irritation in that. No CC involved. No wasting precious living moments to concern myself with what doesn't matter, what doesn't contribute to my bottom line.

Find value in the information that you seek - discard what doesn't contribute to you. If you don't like his marketing tactics, fine, don't buy his shit or put up your CC info. I don't see how his funnel has anything to do with the valuable content he makes available to you for free.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.