Hello there,
I am slowly getting through all the threads I find important to read and I noticed that some posts having links to websites which are outdated, looking different or are simply offline.
For example this post here: How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
It contains a link to a website which is offline, but you are still curious and want to see what the website looked like back then?
Easy enough. Head over to: archive.org and put the link into the header search box, like this:
And hit enter to start the search.
Now you are getting a overview from the 'snapshots' which were created back then:
Check the date from the post, which was 2016 and head over to 2016 and you will see small blue circles on the calendar, which indicates the snapshot date:
From here you can (and sometimes need) to check every snapshot in order to see the website from this date - I would say it works most of the time. At least for around 80-90%, sometimes even the snapshots are screwed and there aren't enough snapshots to choose from.
Now click on that snapshot and it should open the website.
For example I choosed March 29, 2016:
This also works with direct links to blog posts, for example, this thread here: 500+ Ways to Make Money Online
It is from 2014, so I copied the whole link and put it into archive.org, choose 2014 and click through the snapshots and hope for a working blog post:
Best regards.
I am slowly getting through all the threads I find important to read and I noticed that some posts having links to websites which are outdated, looking different or are simply offline.
For example this post here: How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months
It contains a link to a website which is offline, but you are still curious and want to see what the website looked like back then?
Easy enough. Head over to: archive.org and put the link into the header search box, like this:
And hit enter to start the search.
Now you are getting a overview from the 'snapshots' which were created back then:
Check the date from the post, which was 2016 and head over to 2016 and you will see small blue circles on the calendar, which indicates the snapshot date:
From here you can (and sometimes need) to check every snapshot in order to see the website from this date - I would say it works most of the time. At least for around 80-90%, sometimes even the snapshots are screwed and there aren't enough snapshots to choose from.
Now click on that snapshot and it should open the website.
For example I choosed March 29, 2016:
This also works with direct links to blog posts, for example, this thread here: 500+ Ways to Make Money Online
It is from 2014, so I copied the whole link and put it into archive.org, choose 2014 and click through the snapshots and hope for a working blog post:
Loading on this specific link took like 20-25 seconds, it looked like it was stuck in a loading loop: (Long a$$ gif, sorry for german, but I think you get what I mean):
But in the end, the website loaded and we are getting the informations
So, don't give up, just let it load, unless it won't load...I guess.
But in the end, the website loaded and we are getting the informations
So, don't give up, just let it load, unless it won't load...I guess.
Best regards.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
