• The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success
  1. Join 40,000+ entrepreneurs
    who are kicking butt and
    winning their dream life.

Unscripted™ Entrepreneurship:
    A Business That Pays More Than Money, It Pays Time.

"Fastlane" is an entrepreneur discussion forum based on The Unscripted Entrepreneurial Framework (TUNEF) outlined in the two best-selling books by MJ DeMarco (The Millionaire Fastlane and UNSCRIPTED™). From multimillionaires to digital nomads, the forum features real entrepreneurs creating real businesses.

Download (Unscripted) Download (Millionaire Fastlane)  Register
    Registering for the forum removes this block!

OFF-TOPIC [How to] see outdate/offline websites

Discussion in 'Off Topic: Sports, Funnies, Pop-Culture' started by gejaegert, Aug 15, 2018.

1. gejaegert

gejaegert Contributor

Rep Bank:
    $205
    Hello there,

I am slowly getting through all the threads I find important to read and I noticed that some posts having links to websites which are outdated, looking different or are simply offline.

For example this post here: How to Learn Code, Start a Web Company, $15k+ per month within 9 months

It contains a link to a website which is offline, but you are still curious and want to see what the website looked like back then?

Easy enough. Head over to: archive.org and put the link into the header search box, like this:
    [​IMG]

And hit enter to start the search.

Now you are getting a overview from the 'snapshots' which were created back then:
    [​IMG]

Check the date from the post, which was 2016 and head over to 2016 and you will see small blue circles on the calendar, which indicates the snapshot date:
    [​IMG]

From here you can (and sometimes need) to check every snapshot in order to see the website from this date - I would say it works most of the time. At least for around 80-90%, sometimes even the snapshots are screwed and there aren't enough snapshots to choose from.

Now click on that snapshot and it should open the website.
    For example I choosed March 29, 2016:
    [​IMG]

This also works with direct links to blog posts, for example, this thread here: 500+ Ways to Make Money Online

It is from 2014, so I copied the whole link and put it into archive.org, choose 2014 and click through the snapshots and hope for a working blog post:
    [​IMG]

Loading on this specific link took like 20-25 seconds, it looked like it was stuck in a loading loop: (Long a$$ gif, sorry for german, but I think you get what I mean):
    [​IMG]
    But in the end, the website loaded and we are getting the informations :)
    So, don't give up, just let it load, unless it won't load...I guess.

Best regards.

Argue likes this.