The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Read 20 business Books in 1 week - 100% Free

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
...just to calm you. There's no catch, but this is because I've done it, lol.

Ok, of course, a lot of threads list the heavily popular books like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Power of Habit", e.t.c. Well, you can read all those books for free if you sign up for an Amazon service called "Kindle Unlimited". The "free" part is because they give you a 30 day trial which costs you exactly free.99!!

Anyway, since a lot of those books include anecdotal stories to drive the point home you can shorten your read time by omitting those stories. Leading me to my next point.

Just read the summaries. The professionally published book summaries just cut away those life stories and go right to the meat and takeaways of the book.

Ok, well, you can literally read one summary in 15-30 minutes. If you invest an hour a day reading you can read three of those books easily in one hour. Well, in the course of a week that translates to 21 books.

- Go to Amazon and type in "summary + book title" (e.g Summary Rich Dad Poor Dad) and it will show you the summarized version of the book.
- Download 20 of those books (or as many of them as you want) then read three a day!!

Anyway, that's how I read 20 business books (which I really need) in 1 week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
...just to calm you. There's no catch, but this is because I've done it, lol.

Ok, of course, a lot of threads list the heavily popular books like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Power of Habit", e.t.c. Well, you can read all those books for free if you sign up for an Amazon service called "Kindle Unlimited". The "free" part is because they give you a 30 day trial which costs you exactly free.99!!

Anyway, since a lot of those books include anecdotal stories to drive the point home you can shorten your read time by omitting those stories. Leading me to my next point.

Just read the summaries. The professionally published book summaries just cut away those life stories and go right to the meat and takeaways of the book.

Ok, well, you can literally read one summary in 15-30 minutes. If you invest an hour a day reading you can read three of those books easily in one hour. Well, in the course of a week that translates to 21 books.

- Go to Amazon and type in "summary + book title" (e.g Summary Rich Dad Poor Dad) and it will show you the summarized version of the book.
- Download 20 of those books (or as many of them as you want) then read three a day!!

Anyway, that's how I read 20 business books (which I really need) in 1 week.
Thanks for the tip will definitely start doing this
$$$ Rep Transfered

Argue

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
385%
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Yo, this thread is amazing. This month I’m on a reading binge to help me in my projects and this is going to save me so much time!

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yo, this thread is amazing. This month I’m on a reading binge to help me in my projects and this is going to save me so much time!

@Argue - from one of the self-help books I read "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" or something like that I literally organized my closet, found $250 worth of stuff to sell on Craigslist/Ebay and made tons of space, lol.

Previously I had always been organizing the old fashioned way not having any system. I've also read tons more like "The One Thing", and "Think And Grow Rich". I'm so hyped !!!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've read a few hundred summaries.

None of them stick as much as reading the actual book.

There's a reason for the "stories". That's because stories stick. Quick summaries don't. The way I look at it: I read business books to influence my thinking pattern. That pattern is most affected by reading/listening to something over a longer period of time. A quick summary, much like a quick random article, is easily forgotten.

ZF Lee

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
180%
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've read a few hundred summaries.

None of them stick as much as reading the actual book.

There's a reason for the "stories". That's because stories stick. Quick summaries don't. The way I look at it: I read business books to influence my thinking pattern. That pattern is most affected by reading/listening to something over a longer period of time. A quick summary, much like a quick random article, is easily forgotten.
Yes, and that is why I try to get the actual whole books.

It is like eating CAKES.

Do you want it WHOLE like this:
upload_2018-1-2_15-38-12.jpeg

Or CRUMBS, bits and pieces, like this:
upload_2018-1-2_15-39-34.jpeg

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
43%
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yes, and that is why I try to get the actual whole books.

It is like eating CAKES.

Do you want it WHOLE like this:
View attachment 17338

Or CRUMBS, bits and pieces, like this:
View attachment 17339

ZF a summary would be more like a sample cross-section of various areas of the cake. Now, granted for select business books I do read the whole thing.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
343%
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
You read 20 book summaries per week.

Not 20 books per week.

It's the same as reading articles (albiet good, educational ones).

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.