The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

How To Read 20 business Books in 1 week - 100% Free

Accelerate wealth. Build a business that pays freedom. Join more than 70,000 entrepreneurs and register for the Fastlane Entrepreneur forum. Remove ads? Join the INSIDERS.

eGrizzly

Contributor
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
...just to calm you. There's no catch, but this is because I've done it, lol.

Ok, of course, a lot of threads list the heavily popular books like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Power of Habit", e.t.c. Well, you can read all those books for free if you sign up for an Amazon service called "Kindle Unlimited". The "free" part is because they give you a 30 day trial which costs you exactly free.99!!

Anyway, since a lot of those books include anecdotal stories to drive the point home you can shorten your read time by omitting those stories. Leading me to my next point.

Just read the summaries. The professionally published book summaries just cut away those life stories and go right to the meat and takeaways of the book.

Ok, well, you can literally read one summary in 15-30 minutes. If you invest an hour a day reading you can read three of those books easily in one hour. Well, in the course of a week that translates to 21 books.

- Go to Amazon and type in "summary + book title" (e.g Summary Rich Dad Poor Dad) and it will show you the summarized version of the book.
- Download 20 of those books (or as many of them as you want) then read three a day!!

Anyway, that's how I read 20 business books (which I really need) in 1 week.

papi016

Bronze Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
...just to calm you. There's no catch, but this is because I've done it, lol.

Ok, of course, a lot of threads list the heavily popular books like "Rich Dad, Poor Dad", "Power of Habit", e.t.c. Well, you can read all those books for free if you sign up for an Amazon service called "Kindle Unlimited". The "free" part is because they give you a 30 day trial which costs you exactly free.99!!

Anyway, since a lot of those books include anecdotal stories to drive the point home you can shorten your read time by omitting those stories. Leading me to my next point.

Just read the summaries. The professionally published book summaries just cut away those life stories and go right to the meat and takeaways of the book.

Ok, well, you can literally read one summary in 15-30 minutes. If you invest an hour a day reading you can read three of those books easily in one hour. Well, in the course of a week that translates to 21 books.

- Go to Amazon and type in "summary + book title" (e.g Summary Rich Dad Poor Dad) and it will show you the summarized version of the book.
- Download 20 of those books (or as many of them as you want) then read three a day!!

Anyway, that's how I read 20 business books (which I really need) in 1 week.
Thanks for the tip will definitely start doing this
$$$ Rep Transfered

Argue

Gold Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Oct 1, 2016
NYC
Yo, this thread is amazing. This month I’m on a reading binge to help me in my projects and this is going to save me so much time!

eGrizzly

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yo, this thread is amazing. This month I’m on a reading binge to help me in my projects and this is going to save me so much time!

@Argue - from one of the self-help books I read "The Life Changing Magic of Tidying Up" or something like that I literally organized my closet, found $250 worth of stuff to sell on Craigslist/Ebay and made tons of space, lol.

Previously I had always been organizing the old fashioned way not having any system. I've also read tons more like "The One Thing", and "Think And Grow Rich". I'm so hyped !!!

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
I've read a few hundred summaries.

None of them stick as much as reading the actual book.

There's a reason for the "stories". That's because stories stick. Quick summaries don't. The way I look at it: I read business books to influence my thinking pattern. That pattern is most affected by reading/listening to something over a longer period of time. A quick summary, much like a quick random article, is easily forgotten.

ZF Lee

Platinum Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Jul 27, 2016
Malaysia
I've read a few hundred summaries.

None of them stick as much as reading the actual book.

There's a reason for the "stories". That's because stories stick. Quick summaries don't. The way I look at it: I read business books to influence my thinking pattern. That pattern is most affected by reading/listening to something over a longer period of time. A quick summary, much like a quick random article, is easily forgotten.
Yes, and that is why I try to get the actual whole books.

It is like eating CAKES.

Do you want it WHOLE like this:
upload_2018-1-2_15-38-12.jpeg

Or CRUMBS, bits and pieces, like this:
upload_2018-1-2_15-39-34.jpeg

eGrizzly

Contributor
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Oct 27, 2017
Texas
Yes, and that is why I try to get the actual whole books.

It is like eating CAKES.

Do you want it WHOLE like this:
View attachment 17338

Or CRUMBS, bits and pieces, like this:
View attachment 17339

ZF a summary would be more like a sample cross-section of various areas of the cake. Now, granted for select business books I do read the whole thing.

Invictus

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Speedway Pass
Apr 6, 2016
Louisiana
You read 20 book summaries per week.

Not 20 books per week.

It's the same as reading articles (albiet good, educational ones).

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2021
Any update? Hey bud! When I can squeeze out the time to work, it's been going pretty well...
MARKETPLACE Not sure how to start? This free book will teach you how to build a successful web design business
Hi Fox. Starting the book and got through the introduction. Had a conversation with Andy Black...
MARKETPLACE NEW: The Best School for Going Fastlane (Now open for summer enrollment)
For any web designers struggling to sell it is hardly ever about competition with other web...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
Chris is super sharp and is aware of many facets of entrepreneurship and can help get your...
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
This month's promo code is MINDCONTROL Those who are subscribed to my new Youtube channel will...
MARKETPLACE Entrepreneur's Toolbox: Company Formation, Virtual Mailbox, Registered Agent, Remote Online Notary
Appreciating the transparency and lack of hidden fees. The website is very up-front and user...
Introducing MJ's Personal Unscripted Network, Join Now for FREE!
Any chance to make it available outside of US? It has been available outside of the US on...

Forum Sponsor

Learn Fastlane Business Skills & Get Profitable Within 30 Days...

Get Started Now

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom