The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to promote my no upfront pay coaching service?

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
Hello Freinds,

I'm planning to start a coaching service to coach newbies or webmasters on how to earn atleast 5-6K/Month by just 30-40 minutes of work per day. The key point of my coaching program is I'm asking for just 40% of first month's income from the subscribers so they dont need to pay me anything upfront. They will just pay me if they earn and on % basis.

I'm planning to build site for it but can you guys please guide me on how to promote it in more better way?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

lilc800

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Aug 20, 2011
Texas
I would say go on webmaster forums like digitalpoint and warrior forums and make a post I am sure you will get some people that way..

I have a question.. Can I be your first student? lol I am really interested in this service

• Banned

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
I would say go on webmaster forums like digitalpoint and warrior forums and make a post I am sure you will get some people that way..

I have a question.. Can I be your first student? lol I am really interested in this service

No, haha you wont be first student but yeah you can be mine student :)

I'm coaching few people already. PM me or mail me at timmarketing8@gmail.com to get started.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Because I'm really making an effort to be a better person all I'll say is: use the information you're planning on teaching to your students to promote your coaching service.

• Banned

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
Can anybody suggest what would be better? Landing page or a site with forum and a home page explaining details? forum would be for asking questions and seprate section for members to discuss my method.

I'm planning to launch it by next month and will charge some upfront money once I have good amount of reviews to avoid scam. Waiting for inputs.

Jonleehacker

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
61%
Oct 31, 2007
Edmonton, Canada
Sorry, but if you're teaching and calling yourself "onlineguru" you really should know how to launch a simple web based service... it doesn't give me confidence. Makes me think you need to go and learn more about what you're teaching.

• Banned

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
I'm good at affiliate marketing and online coaching is new for me. I just looking for ideas on how I can promote it in more better way (Note: not only to many people but also very effectively) it should give complete message and not just few lines. Its hard to keep people reading your full post specially when 1000s of coaching programs are available online. Mine I'm offering without any upfront payment so that could make them feel secured as they got to pay 40% of what they earn nothing out of there own pockets.

karakoram

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
91%
Apr 9, 2011
San Antonio, TX
I'm not sure how you will be able to charge a % of your students earnings, unless you make your own students your affiliates or something along those lines. It might be difficult to implement this payment method. It might be easier to charge a flat monthly fee.

Here is what I recommend:

Main site (done in Wordpress) with landing pages, selling your coaching service. Create a "pre-sales" forum for answering pre-sales questions. This is free for anyone to create an account in, and post to. You would be selective on how you answer questions because you don't want to give away content you are asking members to pay for.

Another section of the site is behind the pay wall software. The user must pay to subscribe and get access to this area. You locate your teaching materials like video, PDF's, etc. in this area.

You would also have a forum that is located behind a pay wall. In this forum is where you answer all questions related to your teaching materials. Members might also be allowed to network with each other in this area.

If you want help setting all of this up, let me know.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Webinar + JV with someone who is already known in the industry?

1. Establish a presence.
2. Build a name for yourself.
3. Bring some credibility (here is the problem of entry. You want people who will actually work and invest money. By having no entry limit except the costs, you are opening the door to people who will never actually put your idea to practice. So you need credibility to attract the right kind of customer).
4. Offer to write blog posts about this on other blogs in the industry.
5. JV with one or two players.
6. Start a list building (this should be done from step #1) system and promote a webinar.
7. Run the webinar, use the last 10 minutes as a pitch.
8. Follow-up with interested clients, set a higher entry cost.

Done.

I repeat, your "no money out of your pocket" proposal is the weakest part of your system. Free = low quality, not worth the time. The bigger their money investment, the more commitment you'll get.

This is proved in the infomarketing niche. If a book costs $290, the chance of actually reading it and using it is far higher than a book costing only $29.

I think Cialdini wrote some interesting info on this.

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
I agree with you but the thing is I want to make it available for everyone so people feel more secured that I'm not charging any money upfront and got to pay only when they earn so it would build some kind of trust.

RazvanRogoz

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
34%
Sep 18, 2011
Romania
Well, are you looking for someone to confirm what you think or to actually get things done?

If you promote with no fee upfront, you'll get a lot of tire kickers.

That's reality. For my consulting services, I ask for a $100 refundable fee just to analyze the project.

If he wants my attention, he needs to pay $100. If we move on, the $100 is deducted from the fee.

If not, I'll refund it. But this way, I've eliminated 95% of tire kickers and I know that I'm getting serious leads only.

And if he doesn't want to pay the $100, screw him, I'm a marketing consultant not a saint.

Razvan

PS: People took the "move the free line" idea a little too literary. People don't appreciate free stuff. If you pay $20 on a book, chances are that you'll read it compared to downloading it from another source.
That's why I pay for everything. I don't use free solutions. Why use a free solution when I can pay $24 and get something better?

Why look for free hosting when I can pay $6 and have something reliable?

Do you want them to be serious and make money out of it? Have an entry price. Do you want to have only serious marketers looking for you? Have a high entry price.

Risk relieving is done by your track record and guarantee, not by the entry barrier.

A Porsche would not be so cool in your eyes if it would cost the same as a Civic.

Do you think that a student with no funds upfront can actually build the website and generate some profit?

C'mon ... if he's so good, he would have made money by now.

Hard working = You have money
Lazy = No money

It's as simple as that. And don't believe people who say "I've never made a dime in my life but I'm motivated and I'm going to make $1.000.000 by the end of the year". Experience showed me that they'll quit or find a reason why for not doing it.

In life, in business, you are either in or out. You are not a high performance person if you don't make money. You will not make $10000/month if you can't at least gather $500.

And your leads from what I've saw on the other topic ... if they are serious about it, they can sell their xbox, ipod, ipad, whatever and get the money, not find excuses like "I'm a student and I can't afford it".

One last thing - don't take clients who have no money but are willing to learn how to do it. It's hard to explain why, but again, from my experience they'll never follow through until the end.

If they would be the people to follow through, they would have $500 to outsource. If they don't have it, they would sell something. And if they can't do either, why do you think they'll start changing right now if they have been broke for the last 1 - 2 - 3 years?

Drop me a PM and we can talk more if you want.

NewWorldOrder

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Jul 16, 2011
Create amazing case studies. Then try to get on the 4HWW blog. Use, there I say it, a print magazine advertisement. It may cost a little more, but it will add legitimacy to what you're doing.

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
Thanks for the ideas guys. I'm planning to make it with some upfront payment or something rather then wiithout any upfront payment. As I'm suffering with low quality subscribers who just get details.. play around for sometime and then leave off!!!

onlineguru

Banned
Apr 28, 2011
Going to hire a programmer soon to develop my site and once its up I will charge upfront fee of 200$s which will be refunded on completing 15 days of coaching program. I'm sure if people attend our coaching session or work on it for 15 days then they will surely make good money so its good that way.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.