The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to monetize a FB friendlist?

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Ok so I created a second Facebook account, the friend requests are coming in at over 100 requests per day. I'm going to be at my max in not time and then build up to have users follow the account as well.

A couple of ways I can do this:

1. Create a Facebook page with a link to a landing page / affiliate site or digital or physical product.

2. Keep building up the actual account and grow the follower on the account and post on my wall

Thoughts, ideas here?

Thansk

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Blue1214

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
368%
Jun 26, 2014
Do you have anything valuable to share with them, or are you basically just looking for any affiliate offer to throw at them?

You should build a relationship with them and actually have something useful to give or it won't work out very well.

Also, are they a specific demographic or just a bunch of random people?

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Its just a bunch of randoms right now....But I can target my friend list as well since i'm only at 300+ friends (Can always remove as well)...Im thinking of creating an e-commerce site and using that account to direct people to it. Just another way to spread the word to get more sales

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Hey man,

I wanted to take the time to help you out and get you going in the right direction to monetize your friends list. I'm not sure if you know my background, but I've got 3 profitable businesses going so far and I've been doing online marketing since 2011.

You are about to fall into a common pitfall that we all fall to on this journey...I got sucked into this for a while, and luckily you can save a lot of time right now.

The one thing I learned is the importance of having a targeted market.

"If you try to sell everyone everything, you'll wind up selling nobody nothing"

I like your approach with facebook because it will allow you to build a list of people you can contact easily. The thing I would do from here is to choose one market to serve, and begin making friends in that market (pets, health, fitness, etc.).

To build on top of this, you can start a private facebook GROUP (not a page, but a group). It'll allow you to have more intimate contact with your audience on a regular basis. I'm in groups that are really engaged and they appear on my newsfeed every day. They only get engaged by useful or entertaining content coming out daily.

Now, you have two ways to contact them (personal chat and group posts).

And the most important thing you got goting for you at this point with this targeted list is the ability to do research. In business, we are here to deliver solutions to people's problems.

Find out what they have in common by talking to them, and they are the ones that will help you determine what they need.

You: "Hey, what do you want?"

Them: "I want this"

You: "Hold on, let me get that for you"

I think you're on to something good here, by engaging a loyal community of likeminded people. In a few months, I can see you already making sales after you begin to deliver to them what they want.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
AndrewNC.....YES!! That was my exact thoughts was well, you explained it alot better then it came out in my head, thank you for that alot. Im doing market research right now and then going to scale for that....im trying out a new idea....You guys know how people use google keyword tool as research? But why dont we ever hear of people using Yandex or Badiu search engine as well to target specific counties? - Using all 3 combined is bound to get you more answers and help you narrow down to be able to SCALE UP...If that makes any sense anyone...

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
Yandex or Badiu search engine
Never even heard of it.

Steps to creating business

1. Finding problem.
2. Solving problem and doing the manual labor yourself.
3. Outsource
4. Scale

When you go in order...magical things happen. Those of us who miss a step will be stuck on step 1 for a while!

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Never even heard of it.

Steps to creating business

1. Finding problem.
2. Solving problem and doing the manual labor yourself.
3. Outsource
4. Scale

When you go in order...magical things happen. Those of us who miss a step will be stuck on step 1 for a while!

Its Russian and Chinese search engines. Untapped IMO. Especially for business. More to the world the just the US.

1. Doing that right now already have an idea for a site that solves a major crisis actually
2. Im a web developer - Done
3. Only for certain things such as certain marketing tactics
4. Insert traffic stat bar overloading here

By the way, I saw your site it's awesome, I love the idea behind what you do, very motivating as well Andrew

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Your list of random fb friends is worth -$1000 ($0 value minus wasted time spent on it).

For this $1000 you could buy a lot of targeted ad impressions.

What AndrewNC describes might work for guru/coaching-type businesses, but in almost any other case you dont want to be selling to your customers 1on1 for an affiliate/ecommerce business. Its a waste of time when there are so many better ways out there.

It sounds like you dont have a product/service yet, so I would start there and dont worry about your fb friend count so much.

Crissco

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
74%
Aug 3, 2015
New York
Random but as said I can always target them, lets say a specific country or take the time the build up a friend list based off of their likes/interests based off a product. FYI I do own a coaching business/blog, for dating and fitness. But what are some of your suggestions I should do here? I have 300 friends right now, I can remove some, target it more and keep building.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Russian and Chinese search engines. Untapped IMO. Especially for business. More to the world the just the US.
Google isnt just in the US.

And Yandex/Baidu aren't untapped.

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
But what are some of your suggestions I should do here?
Delete your second fb account. Delete all friends on your main fb account that are not "real" friends. Unfollow the posts of all the fb friends that are left. Then close the FB tab and start building your product/service. Once you're done, go to facebook.com/ads/manage and advertise it there.

:)

Edit: Ok, I just saw that you have a coaching business. So you can leave out the "build a product/service" thing and go straight to ads manager. Everything you want to build manually through multiple personal fb accounts is already there. Its called demographic and interest targeting.

Vigilante

Legendary Contributor
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
596%
Oct 31, 2011
Gulf Coast
Even more of a reason to keep Facebook friends on a tight leash.

AndrewNC

Limitless
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
433%
Nov 14, 2011
What AndrewNC describes might work for guru/coaching-type businesses, but in almost any other case you dont want to be selling to your customers 1on1 for an affiliate/ecommerce business.
I was leading him to opening himself up to listen for any ideas.

If he becomes friends with 300 die-hard-bodybuilders, dog owners, vegans, you name it...all their posts would get him inside the mindset of his market, and that information can be very valuable for coming up with a solution to common problems.

The comparison to doing this in person - I went to a vegan meetup group in Colorado, and one lady in there in an entrepreneur who invented a vegan health foods snack, which was getting into whole foods. The group gave her the idea for the product, she validated it by bringing in home-cooked samples, and then when she got positive feedback, she is now selling in Whole Foods supermarkets across the country.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.