The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to match your actions with target: Matching lead and lag measures

A detailed account of a Fastlane process...

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Hi Fastlaners,
I am doing 1001 days of execution challenge, I have completed week 3.
I was feeling that I am sitting in front of my laptop for 14 hours (6-7 hours classes) but I am unable to do 3 - 4 hours of work in day.

I watched some videos on this and advice I got was to track lead and lag(also advice in 12 week year book which I am using for planning 1001 day challenge), so I tracked what I do and what I want to get done and found I was doing 1 - 1.5 hours of actual work but 1 need to at least do 4 hours of actual work.
It can also be seen as procrastination but my intention is clear to get things done but unable to finish.

although my goal is to maintain consistency so I can achieve my goal later instead of never but the pace is too slow 4x slow.

need your feedback and advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
what ends up happening is I don't get many breaks to relax because I am not achieving my goal and at the some time wasting my time where I shouldnt.

thinking of building a custom process which is 12 week year system + GTD system

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
reply is appreciated :smile2:

RazorCut

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
358%
May 3, 2014
Marbella, Spain
Ok, if you are trying to get 4 hours work done a day and failing miserably then you need to plan it out better. First off find out when you are at your most productive and schedule that time for working.

Use a spreadsheet and block 5 to 6 hours into 20 minute sessions and assign your work load across those 20 minute intervals putting your most important tasks first.

Start with working 20 minutes and reward yourself with a 5 minute break (use a Pomodoro for tracking time). Rinse and repeat.

Refer back to the spreadsheet at the end of every session to mark it as complete and move on to the next.

Once you have a few days success under your belt slowly increase those 20 minute sessions until they are 45 minutes long.

If all you manage to accomplish in the early days is a couple of hours of actual work a day at least you are working on your most important tasks first so moving forward.

The 12 Week Year is a good book. Use the scheduling and analysis recommendations within it and it should keep you on track. It is all about building a consistent daily habit so the more you do the easier it will become until you will be a productivity ninja or you fall early on and don't get back on the horse.

Why 1001 days? Is it called that just to be catchy? 1095 would be more appropriate as at least it equates to 3 whole years.

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
Why 1001 days? Is it called that just to be catchy
No, it's not because what others think, when my mentor said to take 1000 days to constantly improving (no matter how small, but progress should be there every day) it will change your life. so that's reason 1.

Second I do know its Nearly 3 years, subconsciously don't feel like it and I track my progress by the week so I get an idea of the value of every week that's around 1%, that is if I waste my week I know I wasted 1% of my time

We Indians just add 1 to everything for good luck.

Thank you so so much for helping me out with your reply.
I will start using it today.

Last edited:

Raja

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Dec 31, 2019
thanks @RazorCut for your valuable feedback, I was able to get things done.

I adapted and modified the process. and I feel its great.
If i want I can sync it with google sheet using gscript(but i wont)

I use color coding in google calander to marked the things done(first orange, if complete then blue), and actully got some stuff done.

I did not put breaks in it, and figured out how should i do it when I was attending classes.

thanks

MHP368

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
161%
Aug 17, 2016
Sahuarita AZ
IMO you need a better morning routine then just reviewing stuff, you can do prep and review the night before. What are you doing to get your mind and body in a place where 4 hours of work is possible? gratitude / meditation / energy (clean eating) / exercise / self talk.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.