The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to make the best of being "Out of Pocket"

Anything related to matters of the mind

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
I have been gone from here for a LONG time. Since I have been gone, my wife and I had our son, Caleb, moved from Florida to South Carolina, and bought our first home. It was a foreclosure that no one ever lived in. The builder lost funding in the development. It was originally selling for $303k, and we got into it for $167. Good deal. So we have had a lot going on lately.

But on to the topic of the post. I am leaving next month for 7 months. I will be re-looking into a business I started in Florida but failed on due to lack of research, lack of planning, and lack of start-up capitol. So for the next 7 months, I will be building a flawless business plan, saving a ton of tax free income for start up funds, and look into various ways to research my market. Because this is such a fantastic chance to take a step back and concentrate I would really like to hear your opinions,...

If you were "Out of Pocket" (out of the country for 7 months with nothing to do but think, research, and get shot at), what would you do to make the best out of that time?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Read lots of books. And workout.

Are you military? Going to Iraq?

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
Write a book. I have been trying for months now and can't seem to concentrate everytime I get going someone calls me into their world and I lose focus.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Marine Corps. I'm headed to Afghanistan. I am definitely hitting the gym while I'm out there.

I wish I could write a book about something. Not sure what I would write about though.

But with business in mind,... How can I capitalize on this?

GlobalWealth

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
Sep 6, 2009
Latvia
Find books written by credible authors about topics that appeal to you. If you are interested in investing, read investment books, RE-RE books, management skills-...., etc.

What is your interest?

It would be tough to actually start/run a busines while you are there serving. I would take the time to educate myself about what I want to accomplish. Then you will come back with a barrel full of ammo...(pun intended)

Bond

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
Dec 13, 2009
Marine Corps. I'm headed to Afghanistan. I am definitely hitting the gym while I'm out there.

I wish I could write a book about something. Not sure what I would write about though.

But with business in mind,... How can I capitalize on this?

You can write about your experience in Afghanistan, something like the day-to-day experiences of an american soldier in Afghanistan.

Kinsey6287

Blazin Fast!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
50%
Nov 2, 2009
Title it "Full Metal Jackets for Snow Capped Deserts". lol

nomadjanet

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
17%
Aug 28, 2007
TX
For Peace or Prosperity
Why are We here?
My time in Afghanistan

Of course you can't release it until after you are released from service but it would be controversial therefore it would sell.
Make the story as complicated as possible so the ending is buried in stories and parables. Put all the drama you can in cause both sides of the aisle love the drama. It will be a release for you to write about the things that bother you and I think it would make some money. Plus once you write one book the next one will be easier.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.