The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How To Make Online Content/Publishing Fastlane?

Virtualgal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 14, 2012
Hope someone can offer me a bit of guidance/clarification on this.

I'm very much starting out, so I know this is likely to be real beginner stuff. But how do you make publishing content fastlane? By this, I'm referring more to the commandment of entry.

I understand publishing content can be fastlane, but I also understand someone can throw up a Wordpress site and enter the same market as you with no barrier to entry.

Is the commitment to the process, essentially the amount of work you put in and therefore the output you produce that makes it fastlane/fastlane potential?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Virtualgal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 14, 2012
Sounds like a plan then - super high quality stuff it is :)

OsmanS

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
49%
Aug 8, 2012
Washington,D.C
Instead of writing content, create something that would facilitate the content publishing process or make it easier. Think Wordpress, Kindle Direct Publishing, AssociatedContent etc.

buggy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia
Hi Virtualgal

There are plenty of people who have built incomes from authority sites. If you need inspiration then then check out Pat Flynn's Niche Site Dual. Topic selection is key to how much money you'll make. The approach that always appealed to me was building a bunch of niche sites to find sites worth expanding into authority sites. That way you don't waste time building a site only to discover that the topic is a donkey even though there's a high SEO value (CPC x Searches).

Rich

Virtualgal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks Rich,

I read a lot of Pat Flynn's stuff, and, like you say, it's really inspiring. Another one I think's great is Sunil over at Easy Extra Money Blog, he's done really well, and, importantly, he has made a lot of his money from content, not only teaching people how to, type thing.

I've just been holding off for a while on what to do, trying to get my mindset more 'fastlane' (still a work in progress:))

I'm keen to start off on the right foot, so have been wondering about the commandment of entry, as it relates to content. Also, income potential and if it's the right route forward.

That's good advice on the topic I think, thanks.

tamo42

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
Jan 9, 2013
I think blogs and the like fall into the quasi-slow lane. Yields are much higher than index funds, but they are not entrepreneurial type profits.

For example, I make about 60% roi on my sites per year. That's a lot better than 8% on stocks, but it isn't millions.

So blogs end up being investment assets rather than businesses.

Businesses can be created though. The opportunity is virtually (get it?) unlimited.

If you do end up publishing super high quality content and can build a team to do so, there are buyers like me who need it. Finding reliable writers at an affordable price is very difficult. That's just one of about six billion opportunities out there.

Virtualgal

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
23%
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks tamo42. Yeah, I have been trying to get my head around that, whether a blog/information site, for example, is a fastlane business/has fastlane potential. Don't get me wrong, I know there are some people who have made it so, but whether it is the best focus in general terms.

I'd read a few articles suggesting it takes much longer for less return to generate revenue from content, versus, say, an e-commerce site. So I've been back and forward on this, just trying to figure the best way forward. One of the things that kept coming up is, like you say, whether there is realistically the potential for 'entrepreneurial type profits' from this type of enterprise.

I know it all depends on what kind of content, the market you are targeting, etc, though. Just been trying to avoid making mistakes before I start and try and understand and apply fastlane principles as it relates to online content/publishing.

buggy

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
73%
Feb 6, 2013
Sydney, Australia
I think blogs and the like fall into the quasi-slow lane. Yields are much higher than index funds, but they are not entrepreneurial type profits.

For example, I make about 60% roi on my sites per year. That's a lot better than 8% on stocks, but it isn't millions.

So blogs end up being investment assets rather than businesses.

The great thing with content is that it can be both the fast lane and an investment. For the majority of people it will just be an investment that generates anything from a few dollars to a few thousand dollars per month. But for a much smaller group you can grow it into a publishing empire - think Mashable, Tech Crunch, or Pop Sugar.

Michael Ten

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
58%
Jan 14, 2013
Earth
any one can post shit;

posting consistently SUPER HIGH QUALITY stuff is a huge barrier.

:)

I think that you are right. You term the problem well. I think that if one creates massive amounts of quality, then it is possible to have maybe 1% to 20% of it be super high quality. Then, the trick is to simply, hide, not publish or spiffy up the less than super high quality content.

S

stranger

Hope someone can offer me a bit of guidance/clarification on this.

I'm very much starting out, so I know this is likely to be real beginner stuff. But how do you make publishing content fastlane? By this, I'm referring more to the commandment of entry.

I understand publishing content can be fastlane, but I also understand someone can throw up a Wordpress site and enter the same market as you with no barrier to entry.

Is the commitment to the process, essentially the amount of work you put in and therefore the output you produce that makes it fastlane/fastlane potential?
Steve Pavlina is a good example. Only quality publishing content and no worry of shit making writers,

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.