The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to learn to be bored?

kommen

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
121%
Apr 14, 2022
Wished there was a "mental health" tag for posts tbh.

Just now I caught myself scrolling through Instagram for a solid hour after coming home from work instead of doing something passively productive. I genuinely think my dopamine receptors are fried now.

I think Luke Smith made a good point in the 8-minute mark:
View: https://youtu.be/BsvYEkTzmGQ

Most "normies" would view me as weird or "autistic" when I sometimes look at a certain object, like my pen, lighter or any small mechanical things then I think to myself: How does this small thing work? Why is it designed like this? Why is it so complicated? And I would sometimes contemplate those stuff for an hour while at the bus. I'm a grown-a$$ man but sometimes I still collect old paper and childishly burn it and play with the fire alone in my backyard. Honestly, I view this as a good habit. It probably helped with my creativity and problem-solving skills.

What do you guys think about getting used to be bored? How would you get used to being bored?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

maximusharrison

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
75%
Jul 1, 2021
Nothing wrong with exercising your childhood hobbies in a free country :)

As for learning to get bored, I guess it depends on your current marital situation/job/neighborhood etc. Also, If you've just came out of a turbulent period, you'll start cherishing the easy dopamine-inducers more and get comfy engaging with them for hours on end. And that's how you'll learn to get bored without trying :)

Regarding the rest of your post, I can add this observation. Nowadays, sitting there motionless, scrolling on the tiny screen for hours isn't deemed autistic, so the type of daydreaming you're describing shouldn't be also. That's my TED talk

MaxKhalus

Silver Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
119%
Jun 7, 2018
Spain
Wished there was a "mental health" tag for posts tbh.

Just now I caught myself scrolling through Instagram for a solid hour after coming home from work instead of doing something passively productive. I genuinely think my dopamine receptors are fried now.

I think Luke Smith made a good point in the 8-minute mark:
View: https://youtu.be/BsvYEkTzmGQ

Most "normies" would view me as weird or "autistic" when I sometimes look at a certain object, like my pen, lighter or any small mechanical things then I think to myself: How does this small thing work? Why is it designed like this? Why is it so complicated? And I would sometimes contemplate those stuff for an hour while at the bus. I'm a grown-a$$ man but sometimes I still collect old paper and childishly burn it and play with the fire alone in my backyard. Honestly, I view this as a good habit. It probably helped with my creativity and problem-solving skills.

What do you guys think about getting used to be bored? How would you get used to being bored?
idk... being bored isn't that simple. after a few hours or days, your mental clarity is such that you instantly find useful things to do. at least for me, there's so much to think about that I rarely feel bored without a screen. even doing nothing

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.