SuccessAddict
New Contributor
- Joined
- Jun 24, 2014
- Messages
- 6
Rep Bank
$40
$40
User Power: 67%
Hey guys,
I'm currently in pursuit of my own Fastlane journey (as I'm sure most of you are) and this in itself has led me into making some very drastic changes in my life. For the sake of your time I won't go into that here but if I may, I needed a few clarifications on something.
I'm quite a young buck( 20 years university student) and was recently invited to a high end marketing gala in our region. The 'who's who' in marketing/sales and business are going to be there and I wanted to know the most efficient way of handling myself and networking with them in a non-pressure way that would still allow me to get useful contacts.
I've never been to a gala before (heck I'm going to have to borrow a neighbour's suit for this one) but I'm quite comfortable with approaching people and starting conversations.
But what would be the 'right' questions to ask at that moment?How would I approach a 'guru' and look to build both myself business-wise and gain a useful contact?
Thanks again for taking the time to read this and your suggestions will be much appreciated.
I'm currently in pursuit of my own Fastlane journey (as I'm sure most of you are) and this in itself has led me into making some very drastic changes in my life. For the sake of your time I won't go into that here but if I may, I needed a few clarifications on something.
I'm quite a young buck( 20 years university student) and was recently invited to a high end marketing gala in our region. The 'who's who' in marketing/sales and business are going to be there and I wanted to know the most efficient way of handling myself and networking with them in a non-pressure way that would still allow me to get useful contacts.
I've never been to a gala before (heck I'm going to have to borrow a neighbour's suit for this one) but I'm quite comfortable with approaching people and starting conversations.
But what would be the 'right' questions to ask at that moment?How would I approach a 'guru' and look to build both myself business-wise and gain a useful contact?
Thanks again for taking the time to read this and your suggestions will be much appreciated.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
