The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to grow your business by 33%?

papi016

Bronze Contributor
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Jun 16, 2017
Marlin, Tx
There are only 3 ways to grow a business. No matter what industry you’re in.

The 1st thing you do to grow your business is get more customers (Clients)...

The 2nd thing you can do is get those same clients to buy more each time they buy from you (Increase the average transaction value)...

If you’re innovating you should be looking for more ways to meet your clients needs which inevitably leads to you having more to sell them.

The 3rd thing you can do is get them to buy more often (Increase the frequency of repurchase)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
But, how about getting more clients while having the same amount of workers working the same amount of hours before you got the new clients?

When I had my cleaning business we cut our cleaning time by 33% which meant we could do 33% more work per day.

It wasn't my goal to cut our cleaning time (I was trying to solve a ring around the bath tub problem) but in the process I teamed up with the makers of the Magic Eraser. I actually went back to cleaning myself to perfect how we used the Magic Eraser. It might sound easy but it took quite awhile (about a year if I remember correctly) to learn the tricks. When the Magic Eraser first came out they advertised it to clean around light switches, door knobs and spots on the wall. I'm the one that figured out how to use it in the shower (tile & glass), the tub and the sink.

So if you can cut the work time by 33%, you can keep the same number of workers, gain more customers which equals much more profit.

Fpm9

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
145%
Jul 27, 2017
Paris
You can also find a way to reduce your costs. If you make a biggest order and make economies of scales, the customer will pay the same price but your profits will rise. If you reduce your fixed costs, you'll also make more money.

Stargazer

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 8, 2018
England
That is only two things if you think about it.

1) Get more customers.

2) Have them buy more.

Is this some new revelation where you live?

Dan

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

minivanman

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
265%
Mar 16, 2017
DFW
Yes, reducing the cost. So when I started out, Magic Erasers were about $1.50 each. Then I ordered them bulk for about $.30c each. Then I found them for $.07c each. So that was quite a savings. Instead of doing like a LOT of cleaning companies do and buy supplies at the $1 store, I bought 1 gallon of Zip tinted window cleaner (concentrate) and it lasted about 3 years (less than $10 back then). So instead of it costing me $1 per bottle, it cost me around 1 cent per bottle. It's those little things that can add up to quite a savings.

In all of the businesses that I'm a part of, we knock the ink down to 80% or 90% when printing. And if we just need a copy for ourselves we sometimes knock it down to 70%. We don't buy trash bags from a store. I purposely got to know this guy that owns a small bag company. We get clear 7 gallon & 13 gallon bags for almost nothing. No need for a draw string or anything like that..... it's a damn trash bag. Yes.... I love pennies :)

Charnell

Block me if you're a quack
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
276%
Oct 12, 2014
Kansas City
Yes, reducing the cost. So when I started out, Magic Erasers were about $1.50 each. Then I ordered them bulk for about $.30c each. Then I found them for $.07c each. So that was quite a savings. Instead of doing like a LOT of cleaning companies do and buy supplies at the $1 store, I bought 1 gallon of Zip tinted window cleaner (concentrate) and it lasted about 3 years (less than $10 back then). So instead of it costing me $1 per bottle, it cost me around 1 cent per bottle. It's those little things that can add up to quite a savings.

In all of the businesses that I'm a part of, we knock the ink down to 80% or 90% when printing. And if we just need a copy for ourselves we sometimes knock it down to 70%. We don't buy trash bags from a store. I purposely got to know this guy that owns a small bag company. We get clear 7 gallon & 13 gallon bags for almost nothing. No need for a draw string or anything like that..... it's a damn trash bag. Yes.... I love pennies :)
Like the military saying "ounces equal pounds and pounds equal pain", referenced in regards to pack size on long hikes.

Pennies equals dollars and dollars equal profit.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.