The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to give meaning to your work?

Anything related to matters of the mind

Taktik

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam.
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
Hi guys,

I have a question: today I realised once again that I find my 9-5 work completely meaningless.
Unfortunately, I had exactly the same feeling when I had my own company that I ran alongside my job. I made good money with the company, but after three years I closed it down because I also felt the work was pointless.

Since I am about to start a new company, I wanted to ask how I can prevent this from happening again (so that I can run the company motivated for a long time). Money alone is obviously not enough to keep me motivated in the long run. If that were the case, I would still have my old company (which I started only for the money, I must say).

I am thankful for any advice.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Hi guys,

I have a question: today I realised once again that I find my 9-5 work completely meaningless.
Unfortunately, I had exactly the same feeling when I had my own company that I ran alongside my job. I made good money with the company, but after three years I closed it down because I also felt the work was pointless.

Since I am about to start a new company, I wanted to ask how I can prevent this from happening again (so that I can run the company motivated for a long time). Money alone is obviously not enough to keep me motivated in the long run. If that were the case, I would still have my old company (which I started only for the money, I must say).

Well, do you have any goal?
Anything you want to acheive, build, invent, create?

Taktik

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
Well, do you have any goal?
Anything you want to acheive, build, invent, create?

Of course I have a lot of things I want to achieve and goals I want to reach. But I am not sure, if they suffice, because most of them require me to earn a certain amount of money, which brings money in the focus again, which in turn could lead to the aforementioned problem. Hence my question about how to gain additional meaning.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Of course I have a lot of things I want to achieve and goals I want to reach. But I am not sure, if they suffice, because most of them require me to earn a certain amount of money, which brings money in the focus again, which in turn could lead to the aforementioned problem. Hence my question about how to gain additional meaning.
If you have a lot, you have none.
Do you have A goal?

Aishwarya

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 8, 2021
Dusseldorf
Hi guys,

Like MJ says, meaning can be anything, even Lamborghini! which movies do you like? why do you like them? we usually watch what we wish we had! that is a nice lead, then find the goal and stick to it!

Taktik

FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
90%
Oct 15, 2018
If you have a lot, you have none.
Do you have A goal?

Not really. Now, that I think of it, I would not really call it a goal, because it is way to fuzzy, it is more a direction.
There is a lot potential for improvement.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

alexkuzmov

Gold Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
130%
Sep 20, 2019
Bulgaria
Not really. Now, that I think of it, I would not really call it a goal, because it is way to fuzzy, it is more a direction.
There is a lot potential for improvement.
One of the reasons for losing motivation is that you lack an overarching goal in life.
Anything can be a goal.
To put it simply, you need a reason for making the money.
Money is a tool, not a goal.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.