The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Get My Business to the Next Level? (+ my intro!)

primeddesign

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 9, 2021
Alexandria, VA
Hi MJ and Everyone,

I hope this note finds everyone well. I've been wanting to publish my story for a while now. I know it's long but I hope you get some inspiration out of it...much like I did reading MJ's books. So here it is in part:

My name is Steven. I worked at a desk job, specifically a Hotel Company in McLean, VA until my FTE moment came without remorse...C0VlD-19. I was laid off in April of 2020 along with 2,200 other corporate employees; who knew it was the best thing that's ever happened to me. Since then I have started my own small business, Primed Design & Concepts LLC. I make engraved pressure treated Adirondack chair sets along with other custom wood furniture. I have a laser engraver that can customize any piece and I target larger orders so I can make profitable margins. Obviously spring, summer and fall are the busiest times of the year but I also ship them on Etsy as partially assembled kits around the country. I have sold close to 500 sets and I still continue strong. I have a team of 4 working with me and my next goal is to target universities, restaurants etc. - acquire licenses to make these in bulk and hopefully franchise the process.

I listened to your first book when I first started my company and am currently on your second. A lot of the subject matter and specific points you make resonate with me, so much so that I wanted to reach out and introduce myself. They overall "f*ck you" mentality you have stays with me as I try and grow this business. I work harder than I ever have before, at any job but I am able to work for myself and I have no boss.

I have taken a lot of your advices and it's actually paid off in certain aspects. What I am struggling with is getting that next level. Maybe it will come to me as I continue listening to "Unscripted " or while I am designing new furniture. I am trying to duplicate my efforts by setting up operations if different areas of the country. I literally go door to door, restaurant to restaurant, winery to winery try to earn business. I'm on social media platforms along with having our own website. There is obviously a niche for these products or it wouldn't keep selling. The personalization aspect with the laser really sets the business apart in my eyes. I am realizing, and maybe this is insecurity, but that I don't have enough clout or followers in a sense to really make it to that next level. I almost need someone or a company to sponsor us. I know we can produce great, quality products...all we need is that chance. Maybe that's just an excuse but I don't think so. It's almost like we have hit a plateau. A university that orders 300 chairs around their campus, by their sporting complexes etc. is my next goal but why would they go with us? Why trust us? I have proven myself with delivering the chair sets, setting them up in clients yards but I don't know how to tell larger corporations that we are good enough!

I am not sure what I am looking for by writing to you guys other than to tell you that MJ has been an inspiration. I want to see this through until the end, whether that's good or bad. I don't want to fail and I believe if I have that mindset...I wont.

I encourage anyone to check out our website (if it will allow me to attach) and if anyone would like some custom Adirondack furniture because TIS' THE SEASON, just let me know...happy to provide a quote.

Thanks again for everything! Looking forward to hearing the feedback.

Steven
Primed Design & Concepts LLC
www.primed-design.com

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Attachments

• Heffron.jpg
    Heffron.jpg
    403.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Final Kids Chair 2.jpg
    Final Kids Chair 2.jpg
    462.9 KB · Views: 5
  • etsy 34.jpg
    etsy 34.jpg
    397.2 KB · Views: 5

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
446%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
Welcome Steven, great to have you. Thanks for sharing your story here on the forum.

Your product looks like a winner. Yes some CENTS challenges, but the NEED (product) aspect is usually the toughest to cinch.

primeddesign

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 9, 2021
Alexandria, VA
Welcome Steven, great to have you. Thanks for sharing your story here on the forum.

Your product looks like a winner. Yes some CENTS challenges, but the NEED (product) aspect is usually the toughest to cinch.
Thanks MJ! I truly believe I have a niche here. I look forward to seeing where this can and will go.

primeddesign

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Sep 9, 2021
Alexandria, VA

Also, would you like a chair free of charge?? I can ship it around the US and can even engrave it with “unscripted ” or “the millionaire fastlane ” - really anything you want. Give me a shout at 973-945-9875 and we can discuss further! Happy to gift one or if you’d like a set we can talk more.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

More Intros...