The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to Find Deals

User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jan 29, 2009
Dallas/Fort Worth
Congratulation on finding a motivated seller. How about assigning rent to owns and subject 2 deals?

Just explain the benefits to the seller and how it can stop the bleed to whatever problems they were having. Get it under contract and have the seller give you time to find a T/B. When you find your potential T/B, assign the buyer to the seller for 50/50 of the down payment.

Collect your money and move to the next deal. There are a lot of buyers who have the CASH but unable to get a loan to purchase a home due to impossible to meet guidelines from the bank.

With this method, you can even make money with deals under contract at up to 95% of the value. Very little money and no credit is needed. You just need to know how to do it. Image how many deals you could get making offers in the high 80s or 90s of the value?

Just my two red cents and hope that it gets your creative juices flowing.
Take care.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Now this is how you find a deal:
Venture's New Grail - Forbes.com

Bottom of page 1:
Landry (now number 29 on the Midas List) had deal hunters like Meeks looking for fast-growing, young tech companies. The diggers called those firms' founders and tried to glean bits of data about the firm's industry and finances. These days 30 associates call about 5,000 companies a year. That information along with extensive databases gets poured into a collection that now includes statistics on 350,000 privately held companies.
Companies are categorized as unsuitable targets, interesting but too young, or potential investments. Associates are compensated, in part, based on the number of companies they convince to meet with ta. When a company is denoted as a possible investment, TA sends out two partners to scrutinize the firm's operations. TA visits approximately 1,200 firms per year and invests in 10 to 12.

This is exactly what it takes to find good deals. You need a system, you need to know your market inside and out backwards and forwards, and you need to churn through a healthy volume.

Depending on what you are doing you need to look at a lot of real estate, and not junk you need to look at solid possible's, a lot of them.

CVentures1B12

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
8%
Oct 18, 2007
Richmond, VA
Definitely need a realtor, if you want access to the MLS. Many investors that I know never EVER use a realtor and don't like to suggest to anyone to use one. I disagree with them, the thing is that you just have to know HOW to use them and which ones to look for. My realtor is a good friend of mine and helps me out in many ways. He has seen my plan and knows that it will be a great benefit to his business to align and help me right now. He knows that I will list my houses with him if I do list them and he keeps bringing me deals. It is all about trust.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
When I was an agent I never found anything good on the MLS, when a good investment did pop up it was already sold and just put on to pump up someones stats.

All the building lots were overpriced, all the multi family rental properties were over priced. I don't care about SFH's unless they have a building lot attached, or I can live in it.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
Well what I look for right now is a bit different. I'm looking for building lots in a developed mature area, we just don't have a lot of land left. Deals are still around, and far easyer to find, but there are also a lot of deep pockets still looking for them. I will say that some do find there way onto the MLS, these days, but they don't sell for anywhere near what they are asking. Its the back story that's important, motivated owner etc.

Also some of the lots we find can't be brought to "public" attention until we work some magic on them. I have seen one and my uncle has seen many deals ruined because they owner got impatient, went to an inexperianced agent, and they listed a lot with a problem that could have been fixed before, but now thats its "public" made it un usable. Throwing some of these on the MLS will make them worthless if the proper prep work is not done.

When I start buying apartment buildings I'm sure that will change. OTOH I might just build them myself and skip the seraching part, lol!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

hatterasguy

Bronze Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
9%
Jul 29, 2008
I'm learning very quickly land is a very different game than houses, coming from residential sales this is a change.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.