The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to find a problem and confirm it?

G

Guest84834

Recently, I saw a thread related to finding ideas. Some guy linked a youtube video that is about Starting with a problem instead of ideas (especially B2B) . I can't remember the video.

How do I find problems and confirm the needs?

Finding people is the streets and interviewing them doesn't make sense in this pandemic.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Beebop27

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
110%
Jun 22, 2020
Sydney, Australia
Recently, I saw a thread related to finding ideas. Some guy linked a youtube video that is about Starting with a problem instead of ideas (especially B2B) . I can't remember the video.

Finding people is the streets and interviewing them doesn't make sense in this pandemic.

Dude, this answer is already in MJ's books.

I cant reference the exact chapter, but remember it clearly.

From memory it goes something like this:
Get a job. Work. Get out there. Get involved with life and listen to people. Watch.
Listen to people complain, which they do in the workforce.
How do you know if it works? Try it.

LFDY

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
82%
Jun 16, 2020
Germany

As you already got an answer for finding problems, I may can say something to confirm the need. Some time ago I thought about renting out a music box. Before buying it I made an advertisement promoting to rent the music box. After a week I got 3 people asking to rent my box.
Now I knew there was a demand for the price I set and I bought the box.

Hope that helps.

Ismail941

Silver Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
108%
May 7, 2019
Demarco did talk about it in the first book.

You focus on People’s language like negative frustration emotions. Think like a doctor and diagnostician, not to mention mathematician.

I saw some Indian guys in LA at the Y-Combinator Group making apps on contactless app already Like ordering food on cellphone without handy papers. He found an idea just like this bad times aka pandemic.

Pandemic is an opportunity for aspiring and current entrepreneurs and producers. Let the Gen pop/consumer think pandemic is a problem for them. Think like an entrepreneur/producer, not consumer.

bracknelson

Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
40%
Oct 28, 2020
Before looking for a solution to a problem, you just need to find out actual reasons that what, why, when, and how it is happening and look at potential causes for the problem, then identify alternatives for approaches to resolve the problem.

TheRohan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
25%
Jan 18, 2021

1) Reviews and customer complaints...
2) Reddit...
3) Social media posts...
Millionaire Fastlane has many pointers on that too...
Basically anywhere where people go to complain is a good start. A better way to sift through them is to find patterns.

Hope it helps.

Johnny boy

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
620%
May 9, 2017
Washington State
What do you do for work?

What are your hobbies?

What are you good at?

Do you have a relative who has a business of their own?

Give an answer for each of these questions and I'm 95% sure we'll be able to uncover a great opportunity.

And then tell us your situation and goals. You have to know where you're at, where you want to go, and how you're going to get there. Missing any piece of that puzzle will result in lots of wasted time.

MTF

Never give up
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
455%
May 1, 2011

Do you want to start an online or an offline business? Would you target Nepal (assuming it's where you're based, as stated in your profile) or another market?

That second question is important because if you plan to find an idea for Nepal, I'm pretty sure there are tons of businesses that work well in the Western world that aren't yet available in Nepal.

G

Guest84834

Do you want to start an online or an offline business? Would you target Nepal (assuming it's where you're based, as stated in your profile) or another market?

That second question is important because if you plan to find an idea for Nepal, I'm pretty sure there are tons of businesses that work well in the Western world that aren't yet available in Nepal.
Very important question. I'm still wandering. For it to be based in my country, it will be relatively difficult from an online business since it'll be a brick and mortar business.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.