The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to (ETHICALLY?) Profit Off of Natural Disasters

MoreVolume

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
153%
Oct 6, 2016
NC
What about the thieves that steal from victims knowing first responders won't be available?
that happens every hurricane/natural disaster. that should be expected

Hurricane Survival: guns, water....ammo

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
G

GuestUser4aMPs1

Tree Service. Roofing. Mold Remediation. Construction. Painting.

When a Cat 5 Hurricane hit my hometown, NONE of the local companies could keep up with demand. Residents want one thing: to get their lives back to normal ASAP. If an outsider company is able to work 10x faster with 10x more volume than the local companies, than it's highly valuable to the local residents.

IF. And this is a big IF...

You don't prey on people's ignorance of insurance payouts.

There were a lot of "Restoration Companies" gouging people's insurance policies. Marking up prices exorbitantly, because they can and sometimes leaving the homeowner to foot the bill.

Frank H.

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
89%
Dec 22, 2018
Weird clickbait. Why did you start this thread if you did not want anyone to profit off of natural disasters? :rofl:

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
bump due to coronavirus posts

LeoistheSun

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
152%
Oct 3, 2017
Honolulu
bump due to coronavirus posts

I've thought about making a course about how to stay healthy for the 50+ year old age group since C0VlD-19 is much more deadly for that age group. However, I dont really have any facts or know anyone who is recovering so I feel like its a moot point.

However, hysteria buying seems much more predictable, and that might be something I might look into.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
I've thought about making a course about how to stay healthy for the 50+ year old age group since C0VlD-19 is much more deadly for that age group. However, I dont really have any facts or know anyone who is recovering so I feel like its a moot point.

However, hysteria buying seems much more predictable, and that might be something I might look into.
Listen, if you can come up with an ethical way to help people while still turning a fair profit, by all means.

For example, an idea would be an iPhone app for 99 cents that marks the locations of reported C0VlD-19 cases and alerts you if any show up in your area; as well as providing valuable safety tips and links from the CDC / WHO.

But stuff like price gouging and milking potential victims is illegal and in my opinion, unethical.

Wolf

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
111%
May 13, 2014
United Kingdom
For example, an idea would be an iPhone app for 99 cents that marks the locations of reported C0VlD-19 cases and alerts you if any show up in your area; as well as providing valuable safety tips and links from the CDC / WHO.

FYI, Apple are only accepting Corona Virus related apps submitted by health organizations.

ChrisV

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
225%
May 10, 2015
Islands of Calleja
FYI, Apple are only accepting Corona Virus related apps submitted by health organizations.
That's a good decision... the app thing was just an example.

Truthfully I think that National Disasters generally aren't the time to get into the Entrepreneurial Spirit

Let's just get through this, help out neighbors

I went to Shop Rite and they cut the prices of Bleach, Soap, Hand Wipes, etc in half and limited 4 per customer. In other words they just want everyone to have the supplies they need for a fair price.

Maka702

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
117%
Mar 13, 2015
Werere
That's a good decision... the app thing was just an example.

Truthfully I think that National Disasters generally aren't the time to get into the Entrepreneurial Spirit

Let's just get through this, help out neighbors

I went to Shop Rite and they cut the prices of Bleach, Soap, Hand Wipes, etc in half and limited 4 per customer. In other words they just want everyone to have the supplies they need for a fair price.

Until you realize the very people flocking to "how to profit" are the same people in the disaster trying to make ends to survive..... said disaster.... :facepalm:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.