The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to create online shop and let amazon do the work?

flamboyant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 15, 2011
Zurich, Switzerland
Hi,
I'm looking for some help with creating a web shop, which uses amazon for the products and delivery.
I found this idea after reading an interesting article here
The creater of the website iPadCaseFinder.com describes in the article "All the outgoing links were affiliate links."
After doing some research, I found out that ipadcasefinder.com consists of following setup:
- Magento web shop software
- Firecart extension (Shopping cart)
- Payments via Paypal

I'm wondering how I can setup a website (shop), where I can list the products I want from amazon but let the shipping etc. be done from amazon (so the user experiences only MY SHOP and does not have to pay via the amazon website etc.)

It'd be perfect, if amazon would deliver the packet without their logo too.
Any ideas on how to do this?
Thanks a lot.
Regards

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

yahdmon

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
42%
May 3, 2012
I live in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
I would be interested in knowing this also.

As far as I know, Amazon does not offer what you are looking for especially the part which does not include their branded packaging. This is part of their business and I think they would be interested in widening their brand, not limiting it, but I could be wrong.

I have sold various products via Amazon, books and home products and they have always handled the shipping. If you are talking about you just selling through them then that is another story as you will have to provide the products and do the shipping.

flamboyant

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
6%
Nov 15, 2011
Zurich, Switzerland
Thanks for all the feedback. Has anyone read the article? How do you think is he doing that?

I've tried the cart engine (no order, just fake entries) and payment is done via Paypal. The other method I see is:
1) He gets the payment
2a) He buys the product on amazon and sends it directly to the customer (with the amazon label)
2b) He buys the product on amazon, sends it to his office/home, re-labels and ships it to the customer

Any other ideas?

And cheers for the Associate-O-Matic, that seems to be a good start for a shop idea.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

healthstatus

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Apr 11, 2011
Indianapolis, IN USA
Looks like someone bought the site and are selling cases directly now, no longer using the affiliate method.

this link: iPad Case - Top Brands - iPad Cases
shows the announcement at the top that they partnered with a manufacturer. (it is wayback machine link from sept 2010)

Last edited:

theag

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
297%
Jan 19, 2012
Looks like someone bought the site and are selling cases directly now, no longer using the affiliate method.

this link: iPad Case - Top Brands - iPad Cases
shows the announcement at the top that they partnered with a manufacturer. (it is wayback machine link from sept 2010)

nice find sherlock. I love your edit reason btw.

asadsaffa

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
Jun 30, 2013
If you want to build an online shop and let the amazonand other shop sites like eBay and Shopzilla syndicate your products to their sites try to use a shopping cart system I have used the Pinnacle Cartand it is really working fine for my business it automatically syndicates your products to social sites like Facebook as well as shopping sites.

Last edited by a moderator:

nope327

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
35%
May 17, 2013
Denver, CO
We sell directly from our site (you can offer an amazon checkout on your site) and also sell on Amazon. The FBA (Fullfillment by amazon) works really well. Basically you ship out a bunch of your products to amazon, follow a few instructions and pay $40 a month or so. Amazon lists your stuff with Prime status (free 2-day shipping for members) and they ship everything. It is about as easy as it gets.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.