I have a web design client who owes me several thousand dollars for a website I am building for him. He doesn't have the money up-front because he runs a music festival and can't sell tickets to cover the development until the site is up.
So we (verbally) agreed to a payment plan over a 2 month period.
We are getting ready to migrate the site in the next few days (the site is sitting finished and sitting on my subdomain, there is no way he can currently access it) but before I give him control of the site, I want a bulletproof agreement in place that will hold him accountable even if ticket sales don't cover expenses or for whatever excuse he may come up with.
Basically, is it possible to structure an agreement so that the client will have to pay me $xxx every week until the development costs are paid for? And with that, is there any way I can still be paid if he missed payments or tries to screw me (i.e. foreclose on his assets to cover the invoice)?
I know I should go see a lawyer but that would take a good chunk out of the profits so I am trying to avoid that if at all possible.
So we (verbally) agreed to a payment plan over a 2 month period.
We are getting ready to migrate the site in the next few days (the site is sitting finished and sitting on my subdomain, there is no way he can currently access it) but before I give him control of the site, I want a bulletproof agreement in place that will hold him accountable even if ticket sales don't cover expenses or for whatever excuse he may come up with.
Basically, is it possible to structure an agreement so that the client will have to pay me $xxx every week until the development costs are paid for? And with that, is there any way I can still be paid if he missed payments or tries to screw me (i.e. foreclose on his assets to cover the invoice)?
I know I should go see a lawyer but that would take a good chunk out of the profits so I am trying to avoid that if at all possible.
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
