The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to collect international money?

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
Hi all, i know this question may sound a bit outdated but i felt i should ask...

Im currently in a process of launching a web service and my revenue source will come from other business that will subscribe and list their services. I plan to collect a 10% commission fee for every booking done through my website(no subscriptions)
My question is... for a beginner like me who has no public reputation.

DO I:

1. Ask my clients(business owners) to pay me directly to my bank account by cash or bank transfer after i serve them with invoices?
2. Set up debit orders against my client's (business owner) bank accounts?
3. Set up a 10% deposit fee at the checkout point on my website and charge the users who are using the service and let them pay the rest directly the business?

I know some options sound better than others but for a beginner like me, Some business owners may be reluctant to give off their banking details.
I want to guarantee a 10% commission and no unpaid fees!!

If anyone has other options please help... i would appreciate it.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

pawon

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Dec 4, 2018
You mention 'international' in the title. What county are you in and where are your customers?

It depends on your exact situation I guess.. how many business owners will you work with?

The safest for you is of course to let the end-customer pay you (cc, paypal), and you pay the business owner 90% and you keep 10%. But it requires a lot of setting up. (that being said there are services that do exactly this for you, like MANGOPAY - Payment solution for marketplaces, crowdfunding platforms and FinTechs for example)

By far the easiest to implement is to make an agreement with the business owners and let them pay you at the end of every month for example. But this requires trust.

I guess it depends on the number of business owners you work with, the indsutry and and where they are located.

lunga ngcobo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
147%
Mar 29, 2019
You mention 'international' in the title. What county are you in and where are your customers?

It depends on your exact situation I guess.. how many business owners will you work with?

The safest for you is of course to let the end-customer pay you (cc, paypal), and you pay the business owner 90% and you keep 10%. But it requires a lot of setting up. (that being said there are services that do exactly this for you, like MANGOPAY - Payment solution for marketplaces, crowdfunding platforms and FinTechs for example)

By far the easiest to implement is to make an agreement with the business owners and let them pay you at the end of every month for example. But this requires trust.

I guess it depends on the number of business owners you work with, the indsutry and and where they are located.
hi pawon. thank you for taking the time to advice and refer me.

I am currently in south africa and plan to expand my business abroad. I'm guessing the companies i will be working with will be in their thousands but im also estimating they will be less than 3000 in South Africa. so keeping up with manual payments will be a headache.

i cant exactly take total payments from end-users because i will first need to confirm with businesses if they will be available at the booked date and i would not exactly like to handle their money because it will stack up handling fees.

Thank you for the referrals and i will certainly look into them.:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.