What's new

How to Cold Call idea - inspired by eating a banana.

Idea threads

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Live your best life.

Tired of paying for dead communities hosted by absent gurus who don't have time for you?

Imagine having a multi-millionaire mentor by your side EVERY. SINGLE. DAY. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been a cornerstone of Fastlane, actively contributing on over 99% of days—99.92% to be exact! With more than 39,000 game-changing posts, he's dedicated to helping entrepreneurs achieve their freedom. Join a thriving community of over 90,000 members and access a vast library of over 1,000,000 posts from entrepreneurs around the globe.

Forum membership removes this block.

Knugs

Regular Contributor
LEGACY MEMBER
Read Fastlane!
Joined
Jan 10, 2016
Messages
344
Rep Bank
$1,380
User Power: 181%
So whilst I'm munching on my banana, I was thinking about a fast-lane project that I have been planning for some time. I was thinking about face-face sales vs cold calls. I realized that whilst f2f sales were probably more effective (in terms of conversion rates), I could only manage to do 3 per day with lots of driving around. With cold calls, I could do xx amount a day.

Anyway, I also realized I'm pretty shit at cold calls. I have never made one nor have I ever read theoretical knowledge on it. I basically have no clue and I hate the idea of them.

Since I see myself as a problem saving guy I thought: books, online and actually doing sales. That should do it. However, I'm deeply involved in education and know bad habits form and that such a self taught skill will unlikely yield "constructive feedback" from the customer. The customer might give you feedback on the product/service but is unlikely to tell you how you have done. THAT actually doesn't matter since the customer has probably not that level of sales skill required anyway.
An experienced mentor would be nice but you probably have no one.

"The Cold call School".
You call the number and sell your product or service. The guy on the other side is an experienced sales person that takes on the role of your customer. (yes,role playing). After the simulated situation, the sales person leaves the character and provides valuable feedback to the caller. With this feedback, the caller can exercise his pitch as many times as he finds valuable. The sales-guy will also change the scenarios a little bit around to provide unexpected situations and questions to the caller.

Effectively, this is an idea that focuses on sales-education.

What you guys think?
I already identified some issues with this idea but as I said; I literally just came up with this and hadn't put much thought into it. All I want is to become really good at selling and I would love if I could practice around and receive great teaching and feedback from people who know what they are doing.
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

O nohjv tahhitv zua tvesv xovj vjopht zua lpux epf/us esi huuf ev.

O moli vji ofie epf nepz temit vseopoph tdjuumt/qsuhsent fu vjev emm vji voni. O fof ov gus emm ug nz tvegg cz tezoph "soph soph" vu vsz epf devdj vjin ugg haesf -- vjiz'f jewi vu eptxis nz "demm" epf tdjifami ep eqquopvnipv.

Emtu, puv vu ci e fodl -- cav zua tjuamf sitiesdj vjiti ofiet cigusi qutvoph vjin -- puv upmz vu tii og ov't e "vjoph" cav vu caomf tuni natdmi epf tlomm sitiesdjoph qsufadvt epf tiswodit uav vjisi.

Huuhmi ot zuas gsoipf!
 
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts

Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.

You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.

  • Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
  • MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
  • Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
  • Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."
— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."
— User Richard Peck

"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?

Back
Top Bottom