- Joined
- Feb 6, 2021
- Messages
- 42
Rep Bank
$345
$345
User Power: 181%
Hello guys,
I've been trying to land some clients for a while now, but with no success (something small on Upwork, but that's not the direction i want to take).
I tried cold emailing people but it has been a disaster (insults, harsh replies that turned me down for weeks).
Some guy told me he was getting tons of work simply outreaching people on instagram/facebook and directly asking if they needed a website.
I've tried that as well but didn't work out for me.
I realized i wasn't providing any value.
I was just a random anonymous stranger trying desperately to sell something. Like a beggar.
Didn't like that feeling.
And i realized it's all about TRUST.
People buy if they trust.
Shifting my mindset towards the importance of trust, i'm trying to find a strategy for outreaching that makes sense.
I don't have real case studies yet, nor any big proof or results to show off.
Had two ideas so far:
1. Video introduction on my site - maybe some "let's build a website together" content on youtube too.
I don't like cameras, i'm not a good communicator but i guess this can level up the Trust.
2. Upfront value, creating a report with all is below
I don't really know what to do more than that.
I know usually people start leveraging their network, which i tried, but with 0 results.
Have you tried something similar? What did work out for you?
Thanks!
I've been trying to land some clients for a while now, but with no success (something small on Upwork, but that's not the direction i want to take).
I tried cold emailing people but it has been a disaster (insults, harsh replies that turned me down for weeks).
Some guy told me he was getting tons of work simply outreaching people on instagram/facebook and directly asking if they needed a website.
I've tried that as well but didn't work out for me.
I realized i wasn't providing any value.
I was just a random anonymous stranger trying desperately to sell something. Like a beggar.
Didn't like that feeling.
And i realized it's all about TRUST.
People buy if they trust.
Shifting my mindset towards the importance of trust, i'm trying to find a strategy for outreaching that makes sense.
I don't have real case studies yet, nor any big proof or results to show off.
Had two ideas so far:
1. Video introduction on my site - maybe some "let's build a website together" content on youtube too.
I don't like cameras, i'm not a good communicator but i guess this can level up the Trust.
2. Upfront value, creating a report with all is below
- analysis of the demand of their services(keyword research with geo modifiers basically "service+location" or "problem+location")
- picking the top 3 players online and show how much are they getting investing in a digital marketing strategy
- put together 3 mock ups, all within the industry's standards but each with a difference style/feel (one mock up will lead to a binary decision, with 3 the probability to really feel one like "theirs" is much higher)
I don't really know what to do more than that.
I know usually people start leveraging their network, which i tried, but with 0 results.
Have you tried something similar? What did work out for you?
Thanks!
Dislike ads? Become a Fastlane member:
Subscribe today and surround yourself with winners and millionaire mentors, not those broke friends who only want to drink beer and play video games. :-)
Access Restricted: Unlock 1,000,000+ Posts
Stop Peeking Through the Keyhole.
Open the Door.
You hit a wall because the best advice isn't free—it's earned. Since 2007, MJ DeMarco has been active here daily (99.9% active rate), building a war room for entrepreneurs who refuse to settle for mediocrity.
- Active Daily: Life-changing content posted dozens of times every day. No dead threads.
- MJ's Inner Circle: Direct access to the author of The Millionaire Fastlane.
- Vetted Network: Connect with founders scaling to 7 and 8 figures.
- Proven Roadmaps: Strategy over motivation. Execution over "hustle porn."
"SCALED TO 6-FIGURE MONTHS"
"Tips and advice here saved me from huge mistakes, others allowed me to scale my business to 6-figure months."— User MitchC
"INSANE QUALITY OF PEOPLE"
"The number of high quality people I've met from this forum has been insane. All of it predicated on building real value."— User Richard Peck
"You are the average of the five people you surround yourself with."
Are you surrounding yourself with success?
