The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to build a website

wildambitions

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
16%
Aug 29, 2007
Southern NM
It's confusing, I also need help myself.

I just re-read this post and am amazed at the amount of knowledge that I have in this subject now, compared to back then (look at the dates). In fact, I have actually been teaching a few others some of the basic skills needed to accomplish building websites. Not to mention, I do know the resources to point you in the appropriate direction.

So...

1. Read all the posts mentioned in this thread.
2. Read other posts on this forum regarding code and if it will be worth your time to learn it yourself.
3. Get advice from members here that you trust and that are "local" experts. That information is also found within many threads. I am not going to name names for fear of missing some that I may not be aware of.
NOTE: The advertising on this site for web-development is "local".
4. Feel free to post specific questions regarding where your confusion is.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Gonzosan

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
15%
May 10, 2011
Being a former (and still sometimes do) web designer, I personally like to design things myself. I've used wordpress, and it's great but a lot of times I find it hard to get exactly what I'm looking for even with massive tweaking. If you want to do it yourself, try dreamweaver, but then again this is jumping into learning how to design websites and I'm assuming you just want to tell someone what you want and have them do it at a relatively respectable price. I've never used them, but Odesk has a lot of great people for hire if you're looking for a good site or anything computer related. None the less if you want to do it yourself I'd say go with wordpress. It's very unlikely you won't find what you need with wordpress, and it's fairly easy to use and highly customizable. If you want to do it from scratch, dreamweaver is the way to go, and maybe tutorial sites can help. I used pixel2life to learn everything from Flash, to Photoshop, to 3ds Max to web design. Good luck, I know a few people who deal specifically with Affiliate marketing and do a lot of work designing sites and everything involved with that including SEO and the likes. If you really need some help I can extend some info out to them. Good luck!

Fortune

PARKED
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
0% - New User
May 12, 2011
Dear All,

There are so many Web hosting companies chasing your business... from the "local expert" to the largest multi-national companies. There is a lot of noise out there, all promising the instant gratification of "getting your site up."
Choosing the future home of your business is not an easy decision.
Still, nothing gets a point across better than the personal, real-world experience of people just like you. The case studies here are detailed recountings of individual SBI! experiences, each in their own words, in their own styles.
As you review their stories, do more than read the words -- read between the lines. Feel the emotion they have for SBI!. It is the very rare product that creates the type of intensity you are about to experience.
With that in mind, let's proceed with the case studies, as told directly by small business people from around the globe -- people who "took a chance" and then realized...
Their worlds had changed. SBI! - Case Studies

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.