The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How to be always ' on'?

Leeroy Savage

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 21, 2018
Hy, what I noticed about almost every succesfull entrepreneur is...how do they always stay 'on'? Like there mind never seems to wonder, they are always engaging. Is this something you're botn with? Can you train yourself to become like that? Maybe a weird comparison but I've got a Belgian Malinois and he's also always 'on', even when he sleeps, he's always in standby mode. Sorry for bad english and greetz from Belgium!

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leeroy Savage

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 21, 2018
The only reasonable explanation I get is this, " it's the only way to get sh#t done...", is this a generalisation, or is it true?

LittleJohn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 30, 2018
Northeast USA
Hy, what I noticed about almost every succesfull entrepreneur is...how do they always stay 'on'? Like there mind never seems to wonder, they are always engaging. Is this something you're botn with? Can you train yourself to become like that? Maybe a weird comparison but I've got a Belgian Malinois and he's also always 'on', even when he sleeps, he's always in standby mode. Sorry for bad english and greetz from Belgium!
I think I understand what you mean when you say to be 'always on'.
In my case, I cant stop learning (reading and seeking info and experiences and thinking of how to apply these things)and as soon as i learn what i need i take action in whatever small form that may be.

So much so that it consumes me. I call it being driven or ambitious or at least extremely curious. I am learning how to manage my time so I spend time in all important areas of my life like family and work etc. I will admit or at least rationally justify that recently the majority of my entrepreneur time is reading. Im ok with it (for now) because i know the 'rubber has to meet the road' sometime and you cant create value or help people (other than yourself) by reading books.

If you are not like this and want to be like this (always on) then maybe there is a way to create this in yourself.. I think what drives me this way is understanding just how much opportunity is out there to to be taken! It gives me anxiety to an extent that it is just waiting for me to get my shit together to serve people/markets etc and live the life i want. So I find myself always being on in trying to get my 'shit together'!

LittleJohn

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
103%
Aug 30, 2018
Northeast USA
The only reasonable explanation I get is this, " it's the only way to get sh#t done...", is this a generalisation, or is it true?
This was posted after my comment response but i think it resonates at least in part with some of my initial response..I think you are on to something.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Leeroy Savage

New Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
27%
Aug 21, 2018
In MJ's books there's a lot of emphasis on 'taking action' and the fact that a lot of succesfull entrepreneurs act like mad (wo)men, insanely driven, always moving forward...maybe it's kind of a warning/preperation for what an aspiring entrepreneur gets him/herself into. There is no off season. After a close encounter with such an individual, it really opened my eyes.

Jaden Jones

Igloo Builder
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
143%
Aug 22, 2018
Canada
While Im sure some people are born with it, this is definitely something you can train yourself to do. The more you chose to be "on" and the more you force yourself to be "on" when you dont want to, the more it will become natural.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.