The Entrepreneur Forum | Startups | Entrepreneurship | Starting a Business | Motivation | Success

O/T: HEALTH How often do you guys exercise?

Remove ads while supporting the Unscripted philosophy...become an INSIDER.

Dark Water

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Read Millionaire Fastlane
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Stretch every day, calisthenics every day, weights 3-5x per week, running 2x per week.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
May 6, 2018
Southern California
OK, I'll be the first non super workout person to post.

I walk at my treadmill desk 3-4 times per week for 2-4 miles each time @ 2.6mph. I aim to ride my smart cycle trainer at least once per week, which I've also added a desk to lol, so I can code/work while riding... which usually results in a weak ride like 30-45 minutes @ ~16mph, with bursts to 20-24+ mph when I pay attention to the zwift app and see that I'm just cruising.

Before COVID I would hit the gym about once every other week for a personal training session. I quip that I won't go the gym unless I have an appointment.

I enjoy physical labor while fixing or building something, like home renovations, especially as a break from sitting behind the computer. Over the last week, I've dug a bunch of holes for trees and plants and shoveled two cubic yards worth of rocks. I love that stuff, but not every day, all day.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Feb 7, 2015
Not if you're training the way Firas is saying.

That video basically confirmed my training style so I'm happy to see that (also a big fan of Firas and GSP).

People are always shocked when they see me actually train.

It's generally light and fun, rarely overly intense (most people think I'm going to train like an animal because they see me as a super fit guy).

In fact the only time i go intense is when i am training with someone who is egging me on (rare)

Exactly. I took the Firas philosophy as being especially applicable to martial arts. In BJJ, of course, the goal is to develop technique. Lighter training allows more training days, which allows more experience developing techniques. Firas makes the point in a sensible way that anyone would have a hard time refuting.

Easier said than done, though. My 61 year old dumb a$$ self tends to ratchet up the use of strength as needed when rolling. So I end up in a death match with some corn-fed 20 year old Marine who wrestled in high school, both of us going full throttle.

I really need to ease it back and train 5 times per week.

StewartHemmings

New Contributor
Oct 26, 2020
When I was competing in distance races, I trained 6 days a week. On my day off I would bike, ski, hike etc. This turned out to be stressful, and I had a number of chronic over use injuries. Then I started to competing in events involving biking, duathlons, and mountain bike races. At that point I would run 5 days a week, and bike two or three. This cross training eliminated over use injuries for 5 years. - Short answer: Cross Train

WillHurtDontCare

Gold Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
I've Read UNSCRIPTED
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
May 28, 2017
USA
I exercise 6 days per week most weeks, always weightlifting.

My favorite exercise is the deadlift.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I have trained both kickboxing and boxing, kickboxing is more fun as you get to use legs/knees/elbows but try them both out and see what you are drawn to.

You are going to need to lower the intensity at the gym if you start a martial art too.

You'll figure it out in the first week anyway haha.

Good luck mate.
Thanks mate.
So yeah next week is my first week with martial art included in the workouts.
Do you think it's enough that I just replace the gym with martial arts on some days or do you think that I'll need even more rest?

AidenRafi

Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
Thanks mate.
So yeah next week is my first week with martial art included in the workouts.
Do you think it's enough that I just replace the gym with martial arts on some days or do you think that I'll need even more rest?
Yeah that should be fine, just go with how you feel.

I think there are a fare few indicators of overtraining: overall tiredness, not enough sleep, higher heart rate, aches and pains.

S.Y.

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Not if you're training the way Firas is saying.

That video basically confirmed my training style so I'm happy to see that (also a big fan of Firas and GSP).

People are always shocked when they see me actually train.

It's generally light and fun, rarely overly intense (most people think I'm going to train like an animal because they see me as a super fit guy).

In fact the only time i go intense is when i am training with someone who is egging me on (rare)

Then it ends up being a dick swinging contest (ego) haha.

Let me put it this way, i have been training 7 days a week for over 7 years, and i have plenty of energy.

The only times i have felt sore is when i was running too long (tight calves) and when i am lifting too heavy weight (joint pain).

Right on.

I exercise every day. Am rarely sore, rarely have any symptoms of overtraining. If anything, it is the other way around.

Granted, I mix mobility, stretching, and bodyweight sessions. I don't use weights or anything of the sort.

Our bodies are made to move much more than what we do as a society. I take that philosophy. Functional movement, full range of motion, etc....

Last edited:

TurboBox

New Contributor
Jun 19, 2020
Sydney
Gym 4-6 times per week with cardio 1-3 times per week. In terms of working out, I’ve got everything in check. But nutrition is my major weakness.

Don't like ads? Remove them while supporting the forum. Subscribe.

denj

New Contributor
Oct 21, 2020
I try to exercise at least 3 times per week, plus I want to start running every morning (it's the hardest for me)

Sponsored Offers

MARKETPLACE Fox Web School "Legend" Group Coaching Program 2020
My friend was just looking for this information. Thanks
MARKETPLACE Lex DeVille's - Advanced Freelance Udemy Courses!
If you read the last message then you know I'm removing my courses from Udemy next month. You...
MARKETPLACE You Are One Call Away From Living Your Dream Life - LightHouse’s Accountability Program ⚡
This program helped me to triple my revenue over 7 months while also moving to a new city in the...
MARKETPLACE Grow Your Business With a Book (An Unorthodox Marketing Strategy That Built One of the Largest...
PS. what do you think about the idea of setting up live Busking experiences on Air BNB? I could...
FEATURED! Introducing... WEALTH EXPO$ED, A Short Story By MJ DeMarco
Hi Mj, I just bought it. And reading it. I think is a great idea to write using the stories to...
MARKETPLACE Kill Bigger Incubator
@Kak Thanks for the reply. Whats interesting is that I have an idea that's been cooking which...

Forum Sponsor

sponsor

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Monthly conference calls with doers
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.

Top Bottom