The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How often do you guys exercise?

Share your FTE moment...

Choate

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
243%
Mar 25, 2014
Boston
Stretch every day, calisthenics every day, weights 3-5x per week, running 2x per week.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Redwolf

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
196%
May 6, 2018
Southern California
OK, I'll be the first non super workout person to post.

I walk at my treadmill desk 3-4 times per week for 2-4 miles each time @ 2.6mph. I aim to ride my smart cycle trainer at least once per week, which I've also added a desk to lol, so I can code/work while riding... which usually results in a weak ride like 30-45 minutes @ ~16mph, with bursts to 20-24+ mph when I pay attention to the zwift app and see that I'm just cruising.

Before COVID I would hit the gym about once every other week for a personal training session. I quip that I won't go the gym unless I have an appointment.

I enjoy physical labor while fixing or building something, like home renovations, especially as a break from sitting behind the computer. Over the last week, I've dug a bunch of holes for trees and plants and shoveled two cubic yards worth of rocks. I love that stuff, but not every day, all day.

advantagecp

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
146%
Feb 7, 2015
Not if you're training the way Firas is saying.

That video basically confirmed my training style so I'm happy to see that (also a big fan of Firas and GSP).

People are always shocked when they see me actually train.

It's generally light and fun, rarely overly intense (most people think I'm going to train like an animal because they see me as a super fit guy).

In fact the only time i go intense is when i am training with someone who is egging me on (rare)

Exactly. I took the Firas philosophy as being especially applicable to martial arts. In BJJ, of course, the goal is to develop technique. Lighter training allows more training days, which allows more experience developing techniques. Firas makes the point in a sensible way that anyone would have a hard time refuting.

Easier said than done, though. My 61 year old dumb a$$ self tends to ratchet up the use of strength as needed when rolling. So I end up in a death match with some corn-fed 20 year old Marine who wrestled in high school, both of us going full throttle.

I really need to ease it back and train 5 times per week.

WillHurtDontCare

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
305%
May 28, 2017
USA
I exercise 6 days per week most weeks, always weightlifting.

My favorite exercise is the deadlift.

Kasimir

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Sep 4, 2020
Switzerland
I have trained both kickboxing and boxing, kickboxing is more fun as you get to use legs/knees/elbows but try them both out and see what you are drawn to.

You are going to need to lower the intensity at the gym if you start a martial art too.

You'll figure it out in the first week anyway haha.

Good luck mate.
Thanks mate.
So yeah next week is my first week with martial art included in the workouts.
Do you think it's enough that I just replace the gym with martial arts on some days or do you think that I'll need even more rest?

AidenRafi

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
137%
Mar 1, 2017
Sydney
Thanks mate.
So yeah next week is my first week with martial art included in the workouts.
Do you think it's enough that I just replace the gym with martial arts on some days or do you think that I'll need even more rest?
Yeah that should be fine, just go with how you feel.

I think there are a fare few indicators of overtraining: overall tiredness, not enough sleep, higher heart rate, aches and pains.

S.Y.

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Oct 4, 2017
Canada
Not if you're training the way Firas is saying.

That video basically confirmed my training style so I'm happy to see that (also a big fan of Firas and GSP).

People are always shocked when they see me actually train.

It's generally light and fun, rarely overly intense (most people think I'm going to train like an animal because they see me as a super fit guy).

In fact the only time i go intense is when i am training with someone who is egging me on (rare)

Then it ends up being a dick swinging contest (ego) haha.

Let me put it this way, i have been training 7 days a week for over 7 years, and i have plenty of energy.

The only times i have felt sore is when i was running too long (tight calves) and when i am lifting too heavy weight (joint pain).

Right on.

I exercise every day. Am rarely sore, rarely have any symptoms of overtraining. If anything, it is the other way around.

Granted, I mix mobility, stretching, and bodyweight sessions. I don't use weights or anything of the sort.

Our bodies are made to move much more than what we do as a society. I take that philosophy. Functional movement, full range of motion, etc....

Last edited:

TurboBox

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
71%
Jun 19, 2020
Sydney
Gym 4-6 times per week with cardio 1-3 times per week. In terms of working out, I’ve got everything in check. But nutrition is my major weakness.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.