The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How do I check how often a product is sold on Amazon?

Share your FTE moment...

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
One method which isn't 100% accurate is to add a product to the basket change the qty to 999 and then it will tell how many is Available. For example 567. Do it 24 hours later or two days later etc and repeat. If the qty is now 500 you know They've sold 67.

Only works with products that have less than 999 in Stock as this is the maximum you add to the basket.

I've got an excel macro which automatically does this for me.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

AgainstAllOdds

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
647%
Dec 26, 2014
Chicago, IL
One method which isn't 100% accurate is to add a product to the basket change the qty to 999 and then it will tell how many is Available. For example 567. Do it 24 hours later or two days later etc and repeat. If the qty is now 500 you know They've sold 67.

Only works with products that have less than 999 in Stock as this is the maximum you add to the basket.

I've got an excel macro which automatically does this for me.

You want to sell your Macro? :)

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
If you send me your email address via message I'll send it to you for free.

I've received a lot of valuable information and advice from this forum and im happy to give back in anyway I can.

Paul David

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
199%
Feb 17, 2015
England
Could I get it too Paul? As a newbie at this, Im sure it could help me a lot.
Yes of course. Send me your email address via private message and I'll send it you.

swebe3qn

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
211%
Apr 9, 2016
Vienna, Austria
There is a Chrome add-on out there that tells you the estimated sales per month. I don't know if I am allowed to share the name of this add-on here since it's a paid one.

Late Start

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2015
Uniontown, KS
UnicornSmasher is a free Chrome extension that acts like JungleScout. Neither will give you exact, accurate numbers, but they will give you algorithm based educated guesses.

My suggestion is to find a market to serve before going product hunting. It makes the product selection part a lot easier.

Andyc2288

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
239%
Nov 30, 2015

you can plug asins in and it will do the 999 inventory trick for you.

best to track items over a span or 1-2 weeks though, as amazon sellers do product giveaways often and it will not be accurate if only looking at 1 day

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
Hey all,

Just a simple question;

Is there a way to find out how often a product or certain products are sold on Amazon?

Thanks.

The only way to know for sure is to sell the product. However:

Junglescout works great. Chrome plug-in. Simple. Very accurate estimates.

Unicornsmasher is much less accurate in my experience.

With both programs, the higher the Best Seller Rank, the more inaccurate is gets.

Late Start

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
193%
Nov 23, 2015
Uniontown, KS
I tracked my first product for several weeks using the JungleScout web app before I took the plunge. It's fairly accurate so long as the product has a single seller. That said, a lot of their estimates are based on BSR, which can be tricky. For instance, a friend and mentor of mine has a product line on Amazon, and the JungleScout Chrome plugin says that he makes an estmated ~$65k in revenue a month on a particular product. I asked him how accurate that was, and he said not very, as for that item he can sell 100 in a day or 50, and the BSR stays the same.

amp0193

Legendary Contributor
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
442%
May 27, 2013
United States
I tracked my first product for several weeks using the JungleScout web app before I took the plunge. It's fairly accurate so long as the product has a single seller. That said, a lot of their estimates are based on BSR, which can be tricky. For instance, a friend and mentor of mine has a product line on Amazon, and the JungleScout Chrome plugin says that he makes an estmated ~$65k in revenue a month on a particular product. I asked him how accurate that was, and he said not very, as for that item he can sell 100 in a day or 50, and the BSR stays the same.

Ok, yes, JS makes predictions based on data, and assumes that the product has that same BSR/sales for a whole month. I also use the chrome plug-in DS Amazon Quick View, which shows a history of bsr right on the product page, and I can see if the BSR just spiked on a product, or if it is has been consistent all month.

Your friend must have a very very hot selling product, as those would be most susceptible to wild swings like that. If you're in the top 100, you're going feel the daily Amazon.com traffic swings way more than someone in the 50,000s who only sells 1-3 a day.

JS is more or less accurate on all of my products, most of which are between a 3k and 20k bsr

It's a great tool, and makes product research and checking out the competitive landscape a breeze.

Last edited:

AlexCph

Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
113%
Aug 24, 2016
Chiang Mai, Thailand
Hey all. Figured its better I bump this thread rather than start a new one.

So I wanted to do the 999 trick, however since I'd like to track clothing items, the problem is that theres all these different sizes. Is there a better and more efficient way to track the total item count for a clothing item that includes all sizes, instead of me having to select each different size each time then put in 999 etc. At this rate its gonna take me a whole day to input some numbers in a spreadsheet lol

bonitachika

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
38%
Jun 20, 2017
USA
I do not think that there is a possibility to check . The only thing you can do is to check how popular this or that thing is through Google trends.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.