The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How Much Would You Pay...

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
For a service or application that increased your productivity, focus, and drive?

The biggest complaint or underlying issue I see in most people's posts and lives is a lack of continuous motivation to move forward (NEED!!!). I see people with great ideas, who are of a generally capable nature, never fully developing their creativity and unique perspective on the world into a business. It seems like people keep these ideas in their back pocket as their backup "I'll be rich one day off of this" daydream, and never going forward. Why? Lack of motivation. Maybe they had a spurt here or a spurt there where they started to develop a business, but along the way they always get stuck.

I know for me in my personal life, the phrase "No man is an island" rings true. The only time I am productive is when I am surrounded through like-minded people who are continually holding me accountable to my personal goals. While the whole quit your job move away eat ramen noodles work 24/7 thing sounds really cool in theory, it just doesn't work for many people. Most people will get burnt out quickly.

So if you are one these people that feels continually burnt out, how much would YOU pay for some sort of service or application that could guarantee to keep you focused and moving towards goals?

I LOVE entrepreneurship. And I get a serious personal high off of teaching others and helping others be successful. I have been hustling since I was 12 years old, and the fondest memories I have are when I have been able to teach someone else how to be successful in whatever "hustle" I was involved in. Providing value comes naturally to me - I want to provide value to fellow entrepreneurs.

I'm not talking about some guru bullshit nonsense that will hypnotize you into productivity. I'm talking about a personal connection that utilizes motivational language, active listening, and intense accountability to help keep you sharp throughout the week.

I have a subscription based business I have been working on for about five weeks now. I'm finally about to place my initial order, and have my marketing strategy and logo all drawn up. I work a slowlane job 40+ hours a week and hate every second. Yet it still took my five weeks to get the very basics of my business started. Why? Because when I wake up in the morning, I don't WANT it. After about three hours into the day of my slowlane job, I WANT it, I CRAVE it. I read the fastlane forum all through my lunch break. I make notes of what I need to do that night to progress to the next step. I feel good. I feel angry at myself for still working in the slowlane. I let it simmer throughout the day as my frustration builds. Then I get in my car, and I drive home. I have a beautiful drive home through large canyon, state park on each side. I get home to my lovely wife, sit down on the couch....and all motivation disappears. The world is okay again, and I put off my tasks for another day.

But I know that living like this forever is not sustainable. I cannot keep trading five days for two.

In order to find motivation, I have set up weekly meetings (in person and via phone/email), with like minded individuals I have met over the years, who are successful businesspeople. The accountability they provide is like a literal supercharger on my motivation.

That is what I want to do for other people. Not necessarily as a business, or to make money, but just to add value. I'm someone who is in this with you. I know the struggle. I have worked crappy slowlane jobs and "good" slowlane jobs and hated them all. I am struggling to make it. I have a hard time with motivation. I'm a normal dude with goals and dreams and problems and addictions and stupid decisions, who wants to make this world a better place for other people like me.

This thread was meant to be short, but oh well.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Kingmaker

Gold Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
337%
Jan 26, 2013
San Diego
Zero. It's hypocritical trying to make money off teaching productivity, focus and drive when you admitted you lack them yourself.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Hypocrisy is preaching one thing yet doing another.

My thought was a service that provided accountability and partnerships with entrepreneurs. No hypocrisy intended - we all struggle with motivation at times. I feel that if you don't or haven't struggled with motivation, it could make it hard to relate to people who do.

My post was very honest and calling it hypocritical seems a little harsh. Is a pastor who struggles themselves with sin hypocritical because they preach Godly and sinless living? No, they are a fellow human living in the trenches of the human condition, trying to help others live a better life.

Thanks for your input.

cutthroughstatic

I Buy Cars
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
326%
Mar 13, 2015
SoCal --> Richmond, VA
Secondly, as I mentioned I am currently working hard on a business that will allow me to leave my Slowlane job and pursue this for myself.

I was identifying a need that I see in my life and in other's lives, and just talking theoretically about the value of filling that need.

I wasn't asking you to sigh up for a service, and I wouldn't try building that service unless I had some track record of personal success outside of the Slowlane.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

Latest Posts

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.