The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 80,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How is daily life ie. gf, bf, hubby, wife, family, day job, challenging your journey to TMF?

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
How is daily life with gf, bf, hubby, wife, family, day job, challenging your journey to TMF ?

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.

MJ DeMarco

I followed the science; all I found was money.
Staff member
FASTLANE INSIDER
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
445%
Jul 23, 2007
Utah
How is daily life with gf, bf, hubby, wife, family, day job, challenging your journey to TMF ?

Why don't you tell us your experience first?

door123

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
107%
Apr 4, 2020
West Coast
I am married and have a 1 year old child.
Any challenges on our journey to TMF ? Heck yes!
- One of us babysits our 1 year old 12 hrs a day every day (we switch up depending on my wife's job schedule)

Any Pros to Marriage? Heck yes!
- We use both our incomes to fuel our FL businesses
- Division of labor around the house
- No time wasted on dating apps or dating
- Tax breaks on earned income

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
Why don't you tell us your experience first?
Yes, sure.

Well, firstly my gf & her daughter (5yrs old) moved in with me a few months ago.
I have a full time job with very good pay, & have recently launched a SaaS startup (main focus right now is securing customers).
As you can imagine, my typical day is 8-5 job, then 5-9 is gym, dinner, rest a bit & spend time with the gf then 9-midnight its focus on my startup before sleeping for 6 hrs from midnight to 6/7am again (wash & rinse).
Saturday I spend doing wat the gf wants mostly then latter half of Sunday I'm back on my startup.

For the most part my gf is supportive of my TMF journey. She knows me for years & Ive always been a go getter & a late nighter working on my dreams.
However I personally feel that some women love saying they supportive BUT don't understand what it truly takes ie. late nights, imbalanced period of rest, avoiding overspending or eating out too much etc.

The hurtful things are the sarcastic and/or true side comments:
"I don't know how you work so much"
"you a nerd"
"you don't want to spend money, I just want to live & enjoy my weekends"
"you earn well, buy yourself nice clothes"
"money was always an issue with my ex, I just want a free life right now"

My gf is happy & content with her life the way it is. She is perfectly ok working a job. She often speaks about travelling the world etc & loves doing upgrades in the house. I have a nice home, since she moved in few months ago she always talking about doing this, changing curtains, furniture etc (typical woman stuff). I have had to spend a bunch of money doing these changes too.
I am just not in a frameset to want to do these things as I am 37 & my goals are fixed on making a success of achieving the TMF freedom - I am dedicated to the next 5 to 10 yrs for it if it means so. I do not want to be 50 & working the rat race like my dad does now at 60.

Sometimes I feel as if I'm alone, hence the question. Responses & experiences will be appreciated.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
Last edited:

SSTrey

Bronze Contributor
Read Rat-Race Escape!
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
88%
May 24, 2021
@door123 Your wife seems fully vested in the FL business too. I find that if your partner FULLY gets it, it's a huge help.
Question is, we all don't fully have that partner, so what then?!

Last edited:

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.