The Entrepreneur Forum | Financial Freedom | Starting a Business | Motivation | Money | Success
  • SPONSORED: GiganticWebsites.com: We Build Sites with THOUSANDS of Unique and Genuinely Useful Articles

30% to 50% Fastlane-exclusive discounts on WordPress-powered websites with everything included: WordPress setup, design, keyword research, article creation and article publishing. Click HERE to claim.

Welcome to the only entrepreneur forum dedicated to building life-changing wealth.

Build a Fastlane business. Earn real financial freedom. Join free.

Join over 90,000 entrepreneurs who have rejected the paradigm of mediocrity and said "NO!" to underpaid jobs, ascetic frugality, and suffocating savings rituals— learn how to build a Fastlane business that pays both freedom and lifestyle affluence.

Free registration at the forum removes this block.

How I got kicked in the balls...hard.

Topics relating to managing people and relationships

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Me and my girlfriend were together for a year & 3 months. It was the longest relationship for each of us. During this time we had grown so close to each other. She is 22 and I am 27. She was good to me and I was definitely good to her. I treated her better than all of my previous girlfriends and she was the best girlfriend I've had so far.

Overall our relationship was great. She didn't have any family here so I welcomed her to mine. We had nothing but love for her. She liked my family and how strong our bond was and my family liked her too. We spent a lot of time together and had plenty of fun. She always told me about the things that she never did so I did as much of those things as I could with her. We were always acting silly, playful and goofy with each other.

We were very loving and affectionate towards each other. I know I was. I was always touching her, grabbing her, smacking her on her a$$ and kissing on her. She had the softest cheeks. She started to get annoyed because I would always kiss and pinch on her cheeks....hahaha. I always told her how perfect her skin was. I had all types of sweet names for her. I made her feel good, comfort and loved.

As with all relationships, we had our issues. I had the "don't care" issues and she had the "attitude & temper" issues. But through it all, we never stayed mad at each for long. After each argument, we always talked face to face or over the phone and were back good. She liked how if we had an argument, I'd come over and talk to her. She said no one ever did that with her.

As time went on she told me that she would be moving back to her hometown (4 hours way) after she graduated from cc. She had quit her job a couple months prior and her lease was up the same month. Things between us started to go downhill and it got closer and closer to her departure. We started arguing more and it felt as if we were both giving up on us.

We talked many times about her moving away and she felt as if I didn't care. I told her that I didn't want her to move away but I also told her that she has to do whats best for her. It also didn't help that I would sometimes say stupid **** like long distance relationship don't work and crap. I couldn't see it actually happening but that time came.

We broke up on May 3 on her graduation day. I picked an argument with her because she didn't call me back that previous night and it spiraled out of control. I went to her graduation but I didn't go with her and her family out to dinner. I told her to spend that time with her family. She got mad and told me I was full of ****. After a bunch of text back and forth, she ended it. "I been done so were done. Bye." We were still texting and I told her that I wanted to talk so I went over her house that night and we talked for a long while.

I went over her house and kicked it with her the next day. She was going home for a week and wanted to see me but little did I know that would be my last time seeing her. While she was home she started to get more distant. No more good morning & night texts. She hit me many times with "I'll call you back" and never did.

She told me that she loved & respected me too much to lose me and wanted to be friends. I told her that I didn't want that and if she couldn't be my girl I didn't want it at all. I gave her my best wishes. After thinking all night I realized my feelings were too strong for her, I went back on my word. The next day I told her exactly how I felt and that I wanted us and not friends. Didn't work.

I then found out that another guy is in the picture. Found this out on Facebook. Looks like this guy's been in the picture for a minute and possibly while we were together. He's much older and turning 39 this year. This is odd because she always said she would never date someone that much older than her. I'm seeing her posting kissy faces on his page & liking all his statuses and he liking all her posts too.

When I saw this it felt like 1000 razor blades were slicing & dicing through my heart. I asked her who is this guy and if thats her "new boo". She never admitted to anything and said its just somebody that likes her. But, I know bullshit when I see it and hear it.

I didn't talk to her for a couple days after that. She then unfriended me on Facebook. I blocked her and the guy. She called me a few hours later and I didn't answer nor returned the call.

The next day she texted some pic message with a quote with a message from her saying "have a nice life. ur smart u will do well". I responded 4 hours later with my best wishes.

With all this going on, I thought she hated me. So I called her a couple days later and told her that I didn't want it to be any bad blood between us. She said that she still loved me and that she will always be a my (sweet name I gave her). She told me that she had came and got the rest of her stuff. I told her that that was f*cked up because I wanted to see her one last time. But, I didn't get that.

During our talks about here moving back home, she said it was only going to be for a few months because she misses her family. She said she was coming back but all of that quickly went out the window.

She called a couple times to see how I'm doing but I havent talked to her since May 23. I haven't called or texted. She hasn't called or texted.

I wasn't perfect and I know I could have done better but I never thought that she would do that to me. I was really good to her.

What I don't like is how it seems like she is on top, back with her family, has someone already and isn't thinking about me, while I'm left feeling the bullshit.

I am much better now than when this started. Its been a month since I seen her and I think about her nonstop each day. Too nervous to even call her now. Doesn't feel comfortable anymore.

Through it all, I'm still living. Been in the gym 5 days a week for the past month. Seeing gains. All kiiiinds.

Dislike ads? Remove them and support the forum: Subscribe to Fastlane Insiders.
D

Deleted21961

Sorry to say that, but this "facebook-blocking" stuff, etc. sounds like you were too immature to be together at all.

PeeVee

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Dec 17, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
Not to be harsh but grab the same balls she kicked you in and realize that she had been gone long before she physically moved. She didn't get her stuff with you home because she probably didn't want to keep pouring salt in the wound. She has moved on no matter what she says. It's a blessing in disguise. Focus on you now. I suspect you are here because like many of is you have dreams of building your own Fastlane. Push through the pain and get to your prize!!!

RBefort

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
53%
Sep 14, 2012
Good lord that was long lol. Should have just cliffed it and said you broke up lol. It is best to just leave it and her be....the more u see her the more u want her. It is best to just drop anything between you two and come back when u have moved on in life and arent immature. I can honestly go back and talk to any of my GFs if need be, no matter how hard the breakup (if they would want to talk to me)...ive grown up and it is all in the past.

Move on with your life. Find some women to hit on, have a few drinks with the guys, work hard on your health and business, and be merry. Sometimes, us men put women on pedestals...just like money. If we have women, we will be happy then. Theres plenty of dish in the sea. Destiny and fate told u she wasnt the one. Sucks, but many more ppl to get to know, and now u dont have a ball and chain holding u back

Ps I have a ball and chain.

scott.legendre

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
235%
Aug 5, 2013
you must continue on one day at a time, focus on yourself and your goals, and things will get better. women can and will make your emotions go haywire and clog your mind, but just continue to try and let it go and eventually you will.

Foogaler

New Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
36%
May 28, 2014
What I don't like is how it seems like she is on top, back with her family, has someone already and isn't thinking about me, while I'm left feeling the bullshit.

I am much better now than when this started. Its been a month since I seen her and I think about her nonstop each day. Too nervous to even call her now. Doesn't feel comfortable anymore.

Through it all, I'm still living. Been in the gym 5 days a week for the past month. Seeing gains. All kiiiinds.
I'm in a somewhat comparable situation, so I strongly empathize with these feels all too well. You're objective about your emotions and situation, though, which is excellent. That's one of the most important factors to overcoming them, at least in my experience. I'm all too well aware of how agonizing what you're feeling can be, and yet despite that you still seem to maintain a strong mindset. That's why I'm confident you're going to make it. It would be easy to point blame, to play the victim, to let it overwhelm you, to collapse, to surrender. That's what most people would do.

You shared with us your story, which I think is very beneficial to do, to get it out of your head and off your chest. And even while you admit how painful it is, you didn't write a thread bitching and crying about it. In fact, where some may turn to alcohol, drugs, or any number of other "remedies", you're in the gym making gains. I don't think I even need to state notions of self improvement or changing your life for the better. From just your single post I can tell that you're already on that track, that if you're feeling shitty or unhappy with where you are that you're going to change it for the better.

We're all going to make it dude, let this serve not as a hindrance, but as motivation, as a tail wind, to pursuing and achieving whatever it is you seek to succeed at in life!

JustinBoshans

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
164%
Mar 14, 2013
I'm sorry to hear that man. Don't call her, don't answer the phone no contact. Better to move on.

GravyBoat

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
267%
Nov 25, 2013
San Diego
I'm pretty sure every respectable man has been through similar situations. Here's what you need to do:
1. Don't check FB. Stop caring what she does or doesn't do. It will make it worse. For the love of all that is holy, just erase your Facebook if you need to.
2. Don't "stay friends" with her. All that does is kindle the bullshit. Again, trust me it will make it worse.
3. Cut ties
4. Either find yourself another female figure in your life or cease relationships altogether to focus on your personal goals. When you accomplish something great by yourself after something like this, it will feel even better.
5. Stay in the gym. Every single day, it's one of the fastest ways to see results come from something you've put time and effort into.
6. Hit me up if you need to talk more about it. I've been through the exact same situation and am far past it now.

Best of luck man,

Gravy

GuestUser201

BRAAP!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
133%
Apr 26, 2014
Park City, Utah
Ahh I smell a perfect opportunity to grow. Use this pain to your advantage buddy!
This is a pivotal event in your life that is just begging to be taken advantage of. Look at it as a failure and learn from it just as you would if it were a business failure.

You have the perfect opportunity to gain a wealth of knowledge from this single thing in your life. Use every bit of it to push yourself in a successful direction. Don't dwell, don't sulk, man up, and move on. If it's over, it's over, and it's time for you to forget about her. There are plenty of women out there better for you anyways. Also think of all the free time you have now to build a business and to learn.

Look for the positive in the situation, accept the negative, and floor the gas pedal toward a happier future. Focus on regaining your happiness alone before looking for another girl. Good luck!

EDIT: I don't remember where I read or watched this, but you had several telltale signs that the relationship was going to end. You should've done what's called mental preperation. You should've already accepted that she was going to leave you and prepared yourself for the fall.
When you suspect something like this is going to happen, let it. You obviously did your absolute best for her based on your post, but my point is that you should never try to save a relationship if she isn't going to make an effort to hold up her end of the bargain. It's best to let her make that mistake of leaving you (assuming you're a good boyfriend,) rather than to try to stop her from leaving. This is a great way for you to learn integrity for the future. Be a real man and don't put up with people's shit, because that is how you get taken advantage of. When you recover from this you'll be immensely stronger than before.

Remember, every fall is an opportunity to bounce higher.

Last edited:

LeftBench

Silver Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
316%
Jul 16, 2013
NJ
Hey bud. First off, glad you're in the gym and making gains. Its definitely the best way to get over a girl.

I had a real hard breakup in early 2006. It sent me into a state of depression I never thought was even possible. I turned to the bottle and things weren't looking good. Luckily I had some great friends that not only gave me good advice, they went above and beyond and made sure I was OK. They kicked my a$$ into gear and told me about how idiotic I was being.

You haven't talked to her since May? Good. Keep it that way. I could write you a novel right now... but I'm just going to say this. Do not call her, text her, Facebook message or friend request her. Stick with the gym and flirt with some chicks. No contact will get you past this broad faster than anything. In 2006 I thought my life was over. I got married to a phenomenal girl in 2012 and now have an 8 month old son... life goes on and gets better.

Best of luck... just use your head and have NO CONTACT with her.

NoLackey

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
149%
Jan 1, 2014
Focus on your family, friends, business and most importantly YOU. It won't be easy, but once you get your mind back on these things, the breakup will be extremely easy. Don't worry about what happened, just getting your mindset back on track.

The honest truth is you can either sit around and torture yourself replaying everything or you can start focusing on you again. One will be hours, days or months of torture and wasted time. The other will be progress, happiness and eventually getting back with her (if thats what you want) or finding someone else.

Easy choice.

Silverhawk851

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
482%
Sep 22, 2012
Toronto/Traveling
...And this story perfectly demonstrates is how you develop a player :)

Good riddance. Your too good for her. She just don't know it yet. Dime a dozen brah ;) You'll see

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
Phew. Most of us have had ugly showdowns like that.

Here's how you get over an ex.

Forgive yourself. And accept their part in your story is now over. At least for now. Next thing, start hitting the gym, channel the anger into a better body and eat RIGHT. Do not eat nonsense and trash. It will hurt your already hurting emotional body.

It is okay to feel bummed and upset about a split with someone.

She doesn't hate you. She is filling a childhood void by seeking an older man. She will come around and you will be long gone by then, although it doesn't feel that way.

Breakups are the perfect recipe for starting a business, writing a book etc. I did both.

As long as you have support and we understand you miss her, why wouldn't you---you will get through it! :)

smarty

Gold Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
189%
Jan 2, 2013
Corey Wayne has some good material for you:
https://www.youtube.com/user/coachcoreywayne/videos all his videos are pure gold.
She has moved away long before she told you.
Now stop crying like a weak bitch and date new women. The only theme
running in my mind while I read the above post was "another victim complaining"
about the girls.

Don't feel like a victim, next time you will do better but it's time to shut up and LET GO.
Date other women and focus on your goals and purpose.
She clearly has self esteem issues, it has nothing to do with you and she is not a
good relationship material.
Let somebody else having to suffer the consequences of an unstable person. You deserve better.

RIP to your balls :p

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom
Get back in the gym if you weren't there already. Take a trip and do something cool and interesting. What did you like doing before this relationship consumed your time? Get back to things that make you happy. The most important thing is to change your reality in some way. How extreme you'll need to do it is up to you. If you're living everyday as if you're still with this person (i.e. same routine etc.) all you're going to do is think about her. Switch it up and let some new experiences take your attention to something more productive and positive. DO NOT CALL HER. Destroy all the memorabilia, block her on social media, and detox.
If it's possible that you'll see her again in your day-to-day, the best thing you can do is look like you're doing better than ever. It will be a huge blow to her ego. Let her second guess shit if it comes to that. You never should. This is the beginning of new chapter. It doesn't seem like it now, but you should be F*cking excited. Possibilities are endless!

Nadia

Silver Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
281%
Jan 23, 2014
London, United Kingdom
This is why men suffer constantly after breakups and during emotional crises . Because ANY sign of emotion is "stop crying like a weak bitch". Is it any wonder most men see women as "weak"? Why ? Because we are in touch with our emotion. Crying isn't weakness FYI.

Just because she left doesn't mean you have to become a dick to other women, although you will most def want to! Seriously. Take it easy, treat yourself well and you WILL feel better. In retrospect, this has taught you a LOT about spotting red flags in a woman.

Stephanos83

Bronze Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
93%
Nov 17, 2013
United Kingdom
It feels like weakness in the beginning. You just need to learn to fill the void with other things of substance that make you happy. Relationships are like that. You become used to putting all your emotional eggs in one basket. It's difficult to break free of it, but once you do you will feel better. Spend time with friends that give emotional support, not ones that chastise you for having this weak moment. You are human. It's normal to feel lost. It's what you do now that shapes who you are. These are the times where true strength of character can be realized. Emulate your heroes. Take the highest road possible and channel your anguish into something positive.

MisterBHZ

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
155%
Dec 10, 2013
Memphis, TN
Even though unhappy feelings arise from these type of situations, I am looking at the positive.

Now is the time for me to get my body exactly how I want it as I have been bullshitting for the past 2 years. I've been in the gym for a little over a month now at 5 days a week. Goal is to pack on 25lbs.

My current business is more successful than it has ever been. I started a 2nd business, created a blog, wrote & released a book while I was in the relationship. I have a strong mind and this pain is only fuel to fire.

I have lots of positive things going for myself.

Paleo

Bronze Contributor
Read Fastlane!
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
184%
Mar 3, 2014
OP, not to be too hard on you, but I can tell from your post that you have a lot to learn about women and about how to deal with them

That's ok, you're young and still learning-use this as an important lesson

I can almost guarantee this girl was "monkey branching" on you. A monkey grabs the next tree branch with one hand before it lets go of the last tree branch. Women do the same-they start a relationship with the next guy before they end the relationship with the last one. That's where the older guy came in-she was almost certainly sleeping with him before she broke it off with you.

There is plenty of good online information on female sexual psychology and techniques on how to deal with it. Seek it out and start reading. Unless you change how you think about and deal with women, you are going to be victimized by them and see this scenario played out in your life again and again

Edit: what you should do now-Do not text or call her. Do not answer her calls or texts. Even better, install an app that blocks her calls and texts. Do not look at her FB.Cut her off totally and move on! Go out and start approaching other girls and going on dates. Guys who don't have long experience with women often don't believe how quickly and coldly a woman can get over a man they've been in a relationship with, but believe me they are stone cold about it, much more so than men. You should do the same.

PS- Never take advice from a woman on what they like in a man or how you should act toward women or handle a relationship issue- they will give you the worst possible advice

Last edited:

Envision

Legendary Contributor
EPIC CONTRIBUTOR
Read Fastlane!
Read Unscripted!
Summit Attendee
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
783%
May 5, 2014

Ninjakid

Platinum Contributor
Speedway Pass
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
217%
Jun 23, 2014
Buddy Guy Eh
What a F*cking mess.

Sounds like she wanted you to convince her to stay. Like she wanted affirmation that you cared that much before she makes a huge life decision.

But anyways, it's the past. She moved on, now you have to too.

Contrary to what a lot of people might say, it's totally cool and normal to be upset after a breakup. So accept that you're going to feel like shit for a while, but you'll get over it eventually. Just try to refrain from self-destructive behaviour until then.

thunder_god

Contributor
User Power
Value/Post Ratio
54%
Aug 20, 2015
Forget about this broad. Go out and meet 10 other chicks who are hotter then her and I guarantee you, you'll forget about her quicker then the time it takes you to piss.

Please SEARCH before posting.
Please select the BEST category.

Guest post submissions offered HERE.

New Topics

Fastlane Insiders

View the forum AD FREE.
Private, unindexed content
Detailed process/execution threads
Ideas needing execution, more!

Join Fastlane Insiders.